john deer 955, wont run after sitting for a year. not getting high pressure fuel.

/ john deer 955, wont run after sitting for a year. not getting high pressure fuel. #1  

matt9923

I got a john deer 955, it has a yanmar diesel. It ran a 6+ months ago when it was parked, but now i cannot get it going to save my life. I get fuel to the injector pump but am not getting fuel to go threw the injectors. I cant understand how the pump could go bad form sitting, it did seem to have water in the fuel so i flushed it all out.

I took off the 2 clamps on the 3 injector line fitting, if you loosen those fuel will flow and i can prime it up to the injector, crank it over and get fuel to squirt out but cant get enough fuel pressure to fire the injectors it seems. It runs on starting fluid. This machine has been maintain so poorly I cant make seance of the wiring. The solenoid is not hooked up to fuel control I believe on is pulled back toward operator.

Thanks

/ john deer 955, wont run after sitting for a year. not getting high pressure fuel. #2  
Bacteria build up?:D

/ john deer 955, wont run after sitting for a year. not getting high pressure fuel. #3  
Lots of things can break in an injector pump

/ john deer 955, wont run after sitting for a year. not getting high pressure fuel.
That was my thought behind the bad fuel/ water. Since the bacteria lives and grows off the moisture/water in fuel. But it's completely flushed.

So you're saying get it rebuilt?

/ john deer 955, wont run after sitting for a year. not getting high pressure fuel. #5  
How many hours on this machine? The Yanmars can be cantankerous to start if the compression is low. Resist the temptation to use starting fluid. It doesn't take much starting fliud to destroy the rings and ring lands. The rate of expansion of the burning staring fluid is so much more violent than diesel and the piston just isn't designed to handle the abuse.

/ john deer 955, wont run after sitting for a year. not getting high pressure fuel.
How many hours on this machine? The Yanmars can be cantankerous to start if the compression is low. Resist the temptation to use starting fluid. It doesn't take much starting fliud to destroy the rings and ring lands. The rate of expansion of the burning staring fluid is so much more violent than diesel and the piston just isn't designed to handle the abuse.

Not sure it old. It runs strong when it runs. I know the dangers of starting fluid, normally don't use it but was hopping it would get going.

/ john deer 955, wont run after sitting for a year. not getting high pressure fuel. #7  
Loosen fitting(parts key #16) and crank engine over and see if fuel will come out of fuel return line at banjo fitting?

Attachments

• MP16153________UN20JAN97.gif
    MP16153________UN20JAN97.gif
    43.8 KB · Views: 831
Loosen fitting(parts key #16) and crank engine over and see if fuel will come out of fuel return line at banjo fitting?

I checked that, doesn't seem like i'm getting fuel threw the return on injector but getting fuel from the pump, if i remove the injector return fuel comes out from pump but not the injector side.

Also where did you get that diagram from? I ordered a shop manual and have a parts diagram book.