question on 3320 cab

/ question on 3320 cab #1  

mcgill72143

Silver Member
Tractor
2013 John Deere 3320 Cab
can anyone tell me what width the rear will be if I have the dealer change to the wide stance on the rear...?.....and will changing this make a big difference or should I just look into spacers or weights.....?.....thanks guys...... :thumbsup:

/ question on 3320 cab #2  
Depends on which tires you have. You could check the owners manual online @ the JD website. With R3 Turfs it is 59" + or -. I don't have tractor or manual handy to check. Does it make a difference - yes. Big difference - depends on definition of "big"

Tell us more of what you are trying to accomplish, details of your current setup etc and you will get better answers.

/ question on 3320 cab
I hear allot of people saying the 3000 series are "tippy" because they are taller then they're wide.....I have some road side ditches to mow and they have a pretty good angle....I would mow these with my 2320 I had and I finally got use to the angle but im worried that the 3320 with cab will be scary.......It will have R4's.....Im thinking of telling my dealer to load the tires and set them to the widest position before I take delivery of it.....Im also thinking of adding a ballast box.....

/ question on 3320 cab #4  
I hear allot of people saying the 3000 series are "tippy" because they are taller then they're wide.....I have some road side ditches to mow and they have a pretty good angle....I would mow these with my 2320 I had and I finally got use to the angle but im worried that the 3320 with cab will be scary.......It will have R4's.....Im thinking of telling my dealer to load the tires and set them to the widest position before I take delivery of it.....Im also thinking of adding a ballast box.....

I have a 3720 cab and yes it does feel a bit "tippy" when you are operating the machine. But I truly believe it is because of the way you sit in the machine ( higher then an open stand tractor). I am in my tractor all the time due to my business and my farming and I am very use to the feeling. I remember when I first took it for a test drive my dealer told me that it would feel tippy but it was very stable and he was right. My farm has a very hilly terrain and I have no problems ( of course using normal safety procedures)

But.... With that said. I would ( and i do) have rim guard in my rear tires and the front and rear wheels set to the widest positions
I also use heavy ballast off the three point. Good luck.

/ question on 3320 cab #5  
yeah don't believe everything you read. some people on here can manage to tip over a pushmower. I take some serious slopes with a cab 3520 and no rimguard. Some people just aren't used to sitting up high. Make your own judgement after operating it for a while before buying spacers and getting all worried. At first take things a little slower and easier if you must

/ question on 3320 cab
Thanks guys......I think I worry more about my wife mowing then me......I think im going to have the dealer set the rears to the wide position and then see how it feels......a local tire shop priced me $150 to load the rears with water and anti-freeze.......

/ question on 3320 cab #7  
Wider is more stable weather you can feel it or not. It is just a matter of the math and physics. Liquid ballast is a good idea as it is always with you and not in the way like a ballast box can be and it adds the weight at the lowest point possible lowering your center of gravity. The owners manual shows you can get 16 inches difference with some tire set ups but you have to check for interference with fenders and the rear wheels of your mower deck. They recommend you set it to the wide setting if you can.
OMLVU19809_L8