Mowing 1992 John Deere 755 PTO will not engage.

/ 1992 John Deere 755 PTO will not engage. #1  

dbax10

Tractor
1992 John Deere 755 4WD
Good afternoon. Hoping to get some help. I'm new to the forum and to the world of John Deere tractors. I purchased a 1992 John Deere 755 a little over a month ago. It has about 420 hours and was well maintained. Here is my issue:
Last night while mowing my PTO kicked off, almost like the safety switch activated. When I tried to engage the PTO again, nothing happen. I have a 60" belly mower on it. I don't know too much about these, but I was able to sit it the seat and manually hold the magnets together on the PTO. The deck began to spin no problem, but the magnets will jot hold. Dealer I bought it from says i need a new magnet, $125 part, that I need to wait for. I need to use the mower this weekend and am looking for some advice from you all. Thank you!

/ 1992 John Deere 755 PTO will not engage.
Ay ideas on what this may be besides the magnet?

/ 1992 John Deere 755 PTO will not engage. #3  
Have you verified that the magnet is getting power and will not hold? Or is the power to the magnet intermitent? Or is the magnet not getting power?

Have you verified that the magnet is getting power and will not hold? Or is the power to the magnet intermitent? Or is the magnet not getting power?

I've tried to verify if power is getting to the magnet but I cannot access the wires to get a good reading. Is it necessary to take the entire dash off the tractor? If so, what's the best way to do that?

/ 1992 John Deere 755 PTO will not engage. #5  
all you need to do is take off the left side access panel i think theres 6-8 bolts that you remove and you can clearly see the magnet and the TDC module if you search in my threads i had some good info when i had the same problem.

Thank you. I was able to access it today. Magnet is bad. I put a temporary fix on it using a large zip tie to hold the magnets together. Ordering the part from deere and should have it back in order by Memorial Day. Thank you all for help.