Backhoe John Deere 955 backhoe sub frame

/ John Deere 955 backhoe sub frame #1  

JD Bob

Tractor
John Deere 955, John Deere 300B, John Deere 332, JCB 214 series3 backhoe
I am looking for a John Deere 955 s#7 backhoe sub frame. No longer available from deere, anyone know the company that made them for Deere? Would like to get the specs and possible fab one up. Thanks!

/ John Deere 955 backhoe sub frame #2  
I am looking for a John Deere 955 s#7 backhoe sub frame. No longer available from deere, anyone know the company that made them for Deere? Would like to get the specs and possible fab one up. Thanks!

I was in the same boat as you last year. When I had my dealer inquire, he was told that the company that made them doesn't make them any more and didn't retain the specs. I never got the name of the company, though, I never contacted the company to confirm. I got lucky and found a subframe that needed work and I was able to fix it and make it useable. I doesn't look too difficult to fab, but there are a couple of pieces that would have to be bent in a large press brake (1/2" thick pieces), but there are ways around that. Some C channel, square tube, flat bar stock and round bar stock.

Do you have the tractor-side mounting brackets? Those parts are still available individually from Deere, but are stupid-expensive.

/ John Deere 955 backhoe sub frame
No, I don't have the tractor side brackets either. If I end up fabing one up I won't be to conserned with making it an exact copy. I would rather take the opportunity to make it more user friendly on &off, and beef it up a little. I wasn't really looking for a backhoe just yet, but it was close (1hr away) & priced right. So I am not in a hurry to mount it up...yet.

/ John Deere 955 backhoe sub frame #4  
You could easily make one function in similar fashion without making an exact cosmetic copy. In my opinion, you would be hard pressed to make it much more user friendly than the #7 setup on x55 series. Less than 5 minutes on or off with no bolts... just four pins and two hose connections. The backhoe's hydraulics do all the work and it lifts itself into position.

Ok, I guess I should ask you how you "got lucky" & found a subframe...?

/ John Deere 955 backhoe sub frame #6  
JD Bob said:
Ok, I guess I should ask you how you "got lucky" & found a subframe...?

Craigslist. I have seen them pop up eBay from time to time.

Ok, I figure if a school district or municapality has to up grade there tractor they would keep the #7 backhoe and just upgrade the subframe. There probably some 955 subframes sitting in the back lot in the weeds...!

/ John Deere 955 backhoe sub frame #8  
I believe the only tractor still in production that uses the number 7 is the 3005.

Ok, got the proper subframe off craigslist. I need the two pins & the dog bone now to mount. Anyone have them or the part #'s at least? Still looking for front turf tires as well...!

/ John Deere 955 backhoe sub frame #10  
Ameraquip Corp. Have a dealer in Batavia, NY these people are the folks that made the backhoes for the 55 series.