300cx loader dump cylinders leak down

/ 300cx loader dump cylinders leak down #1  

BigMike50

Gold Member
Tractor
2012 JD 3520 Cab 1996 JD LX172 1985 Wheel Horse
brand New loader. Im aware that these units leak down a little, however, im unaware of the rate. I had about 400-500 pounds suspended in the air with chains on my bucket while doing some welding today . I had to go back to the machine and start it up every 5 minutes to recurl the bucket because it kept drifting. Not the lift arms, only the curl feature.

/ 300cx loader dump cylinders leak down #2  
brand New loader. Im aware that these units leak down a little, however, im unaware of the rate. I had about 400-500 pounds suspended in the air with chains on my bucket while doing some welding today . I had to go back to the machine and start it up every 5 minutes to recurl the bucket because it kept drifting. Not the lift arms, only the curl feature.

That may/may not be excessive. You can discuss your observations with the shop supervisor at your dealership. He's got a 300CX technical repair manual which includes a max/min leak down time for the curl and boom cylinders. He can provide that info to you and...

You can test the loader at home and record the time and rely that info to your dealer. Depending upon what you learn... they may elect to repair the cylinders.

AKfish

/ 300cx loader dump cylinders leak down #3  
Have to correct the bucket curl every 5 minutes sounds excessive to me.

/ 300cx loader dump cylinders leak down #4  
people have had this before

/ 300cx loader dump cylinders leak down #5  
Loader Leakdown Rates-2.jpg

This is what Deere thinks to be acceptable

/ 300cx loader dump cylinders leak down #6  
I had this same issue with the loader on my 2520 leaking down (main cylinders not bucket) and deere said it was within tolerances. Interesting to know that it varies by the tractor and not just the loader. Says to me that the leakage is occurring more in the tractor valve than the cylinders.

Surprises me that a 45 loader on our old 630 two cylinder, will stay up for days with a load on it without leaking down. I'm sure those cylinders and the hydraulic valves have had 30 years of use without being rebuilt. Just designed for a different time.

/ 300cx loader dump cylinders leak down #9  
Mike, You paid good money for that JD and this leak down is unacceptable. Get this fixed right.

/ 300cx loader dump cylinders leak down #10  
Mike, have you checked all the hose connections on the loader...?.....My 200cx had a couple of lines that were leaking a little fluid and needed tightened when new .......just a thought.....