73 inch toothbar installed on 300cx loader

/ 73 inch toothbar installed on 300cx loader #1  

BigMike50

Gold Member
Tractor
2012 JD 3520 Cab 1996 JD LX172 1985 Wheel Horse
Eh. just figured I would share a couple of pics. I have the 73 inch heavy duty materials bucket so I ordered a 73 inch toothbar from john deere. It was actually cheaper than aftermarket toothbars after 10 percent discount. Cost me like 480 bucks. only downfall is I have to remove my replaceable cutting edge anytime I need the toothbar. No biggie though because I have air tools.
2-1_zps90fcd5cf.jpg

1-1_zps60730717.jpg

3-1_zpsde1ac22a.jpg

/ 73 inch toothbar installed on 300cx loader #2  
Now you're digging with sauce!

Tooth bars are awesome. Bet you'll keep it on a lot, if you do much digging, anyway. Too bad you have to take off the cutting edge though, because you will still get wear and damage on your bucket edge, in between the teeth.

/ 73 inch toothbar installed on 300cx loader
Now you're digging with sauce!

Tooth bars are awesome. Bet you'll keep it on a lot, if you do much digging, anyway. Too bad you have to take off the cutting edge though, because you will still get wear and damage on your bucket edge, in between the teeth.
yeah its the only downfall for sure. Believe it or not, even though this toothbar was made to match this bucket, I still had to do some grinding on the edges of the toothbar to get it to slide in. It was really wedged!

/ 73 inch toothbar installed on 300cx loader #4  
You probably won't have much use for the replaceable cutting edge with the tooth bar.

/ 73 inch toothbar installed on 300cx loader
You probably won't have much use for the replaceable cutting edge with the tooth bar.

the cutting edge will be great for snow though. I use a loader for work and i usually get a season and a half out of snow. that ashphalt grinds them down pretty dam quick.