Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2210 r4 tire options

Can anyone suggest a brand/model of r4 tires for my 2210? I know there is much debate on which type or tires is best (R1 vs R4). I have turfs and need a little better traction. I don't need R1's as 95% of my time is spent mowing. I do however have a few hills and find my turfs spinning unless I use the diff lock if the grass is even a bit wet. I think R4s will fix this problem as well as give me better traction come this winter. Are there even R4s available in the size I need? I would appreciate any links or suggestions on where to buy them. The JD dealer gets nearly $1K for a set of tires and rims. No thanks! I just need tires and will junk the turfs.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

Default Re: 2210 r4 tire options

To the best of my knowlegde, R4's are not available for that size rim combo. That was one deciding factor for me to step up to the 4110 when I was looking real hard at buying a 2210. The only options were the turf's or R1's.

Tractor
    JD 2210

Thats correct. I spent a bit of time with different tire guys trying to find other options. The fronts are a new size JD came out with to track properly in 4wd. Hopefully in the near future we will see more choices due to the popularity of this machine. I have the turfs. Dave

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD2210

The R1's are not that aggressive. I use mine mostly for grass also. I don't have any turf tearing up. My groung is pretty hard. Just my opinion.

Tractor
    JD2210

I have the R1's too and have no complaint about damage to the turf they seem to work very well. I don't think that they are as aggressive regular R1's. I also have messed with adjusting air pressure which makes a difference.

Bill

Tractor
    JD 2210

I got the turfs because thats what was on the lot. Given my choice I would have opted for the bars. I was a bit dissapointed to find that both the turfs and the bars are 4 ply tires. Usually the bars are a bit stouter. This offers better puncture resistance. I am hopefull that being so popular there will be after market choices that are better in the near future. Dave

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD2210

Groung is really just regular ground.

Anyone have pictures of a 2210 r1 tire fairly close up?

Also, can anyone give me the brand/model/size of the factory R1s? Sounds like that might be the best option for me.

Thanks!

Tractor
    JD 2210

I was just noticeing the price you mentioned for tires. I paid $105 for a front thats $220 plus the rears. I think 1k is a full set of tires and rims plus tax. If that makes any difference. Dave

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD2210

I am pretty sure they are Carlisle. I will check when I get home but won't be able to post till Monday, going away for weekend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast