Tires 2210 r4 tire options

/ 2210 r4 tire options #1  

Dirkt

Can anyone suggest a brand/model of r4 tires for my 2210? I know there is much debate on which type or tires is best (R1 vs R4). I have turfs and need a little better traction. I don't need R1's as 95% of my time is spent mowing. I do however have a few hills and find my turfs spinning unless I use the diff lock if the grass is even a bit wet. I think R4s will fix this problem as well as give me better traction come this winter. Are there even R4s available in the size I need? I would appreciate any links or suggestions on where to buy them. The JD dealer gets nearly $1K for a set of tires and rims. No thanks! I just need tires and will junk the turfs.

Thanks for the suggestions.

/ 2210 r4 tire options #2  
To the best of my knowlegde, R4's are not available for that size rim combo. That was one deciding factor for me to step up to the 4110 when I was looking real hard at buying a 2210. The only options were the turf's or R1's.

/ 2210 r4 tire options #3  
Thats correct. I spent a bit of time with different tire guys trying to find other options. The fronts are a new size JD came out with to track properly in 4wd. Hopefully in the near future we will see more choices due to the popularity of this machine. I have the turfs. Dave

/ 2210 r4 tire options #4  
The R1's are not that aggressive. I use mine mostly for grass also. I don't have any turf tearing up. My groung is pretty hard. Just my opinion.

/ 2210 r4 tire options #5  
I have the R1's too and have no complaint about damage to the turf they seem to work very well. I don't think that they are as aggressive regular R1's. I also have messed with adjusting air pressure which makes a difference.

Bill

/ 2210 r4 tire options #6  
I got the turfs because thats what was on the lot. Given my choice I would have opted for the bars. I was a bit dissapointed to find that both the turfs and the bars are 4 ply tires. Usually the bars are a bit stouter. This offers better puncture resistance. I am hopefull that being so popular there will be after market choices that are better in the near future. Dave

/ 2210 r4 tire options
Anyone have pictures of a 2210 r1 tire fairly close up?

Also, can anyone give me the brand/model/size of the factory R1s? Sounds like that might be the best option for me.

Thanks!

/ 2210 r4 tire options #9  
I was just noticeing the price you mentioned for tires. I paid $105 for a front thats $220 plus the rears. I think 1k is a full set of tires and rims plus tax. If that makes any difference. Dave

/ 2210 r4 tire options #10  
I am pretty sure they are Carlisle. I will check when I get home but won't be able to post till Monday, going away for weekend.