New 3320 cab...Do I have a problem ?

/ New 3320 cab...Do I have a problem ? #1  

mcgill72143

Silver Member
Tractor
2013 John Deere 3320 Cab
I was out bush hogging today and noticed when I had the 3 point raised all the way up it would slowly drop an inch and then pick right back up into position. It is doing this about every couple of minutes. Is this normal or should I call the dealer...? Thanks guys..

/ New 3320 cab...Do I have a problem ? #2  
I was out bush hogging today and noticed when I had the 3 point raised all the way up it would slowly drop an inch and then pick right back up into position. It is doing this about every couple of minutes. Is this normal or should I call the dealer...? Thanks guys..

Should ask just be be sure. Doesn't harm to ask.

/ New 3320 cab...Do I have a problem ? #3  
It sounds like something to do with draft control to me, if it has that.

/ New 3320 cab...Do I have a problem ?
It may be a dumb question but what is draft control....LOL

/ New 3320 cab...Do I have a problem ? #5  
You don't have it. It is another mode for the 3 point. It's made for things like plowing. It automatically adjusts the height of the plow to keep the tractor loaded down. If it starts to pull harder, it raises out of the ground a little, if it starts pulling easier, it lowers the implement.

think I found the problem.....I think its me...lol......If I pull the bush hog all the way up and then try to raise it even farther up with the lever, it seems to be bumping the relief valve just enough to bleed down an inch then pick up pressure to come back to the lever position.....If I just raise it normal and don't pull the lever past the full up position then it just sets there and doesn't bleed down any.....I think I have been pulling the lever up past where it needs to stop and causing the problem...I feel a little dumb...:duh:

/ New 3320 cab...Do I have a problem ? #7  
It should not do that at all. I had a similar problem. I found that if I raised it all the way, I could pull the lever with force and it wanted to raise more. Our machines are controlled by cables in the cab. nothing is adjusted properly from the factory. Your 3 point control lever is probably pushing against the plastic trim in the cab like mine was. Your gonna have to take the black plastic cover off in the cab where the lever is (2 screws) and adjust that cable in there so it works to full potential. In my case, I adjusted it in the cab and at the control point in the rear to find the sweet spot. I had to adjust my loader cables as well because the lock wasn't working properly. Take a look at it tomorrow. See if it is hitting the plastic when you pull the lever all the way back. if it is, see if you can tackle the job I described. If you cant, ill take some pictures and give you an in depth on how to adjust it if you get stuck. Only took me 15 minutes to correct. I have mine fixed to the point where it raises as far as humanly possible and lowers as far as possible. It should not lower at all when hitting releif

Thanks Mike..... The lever is definitely hitting the plastic and when I force it up more then it starts the bleed down an inch and bump back up thing it does..... I'll take a look at the cable tomorrow.....

/ New 3320 cab...Do I have a problem ? #9  
Thanks Mike..... The lever is definitely hitting the plastic and when I force it up more then it starts the bleed down an inch and bump back up thing it does..... I'll take a look at the cable tomorrow.....

yeah, im almost 100 percent sure that is your problem. older machines had a rockshaft gasket problem. ours does not. you need to get that adjusted so it does not hit the plastic. Im thinking your hitting it and then it is getting pushed back causing it to drift down

/ New 3320 cab...Do I have a problem ? #10  

Not normal operation! Dealer needs to hear about it for warranty work.

AKfish