**HELP** JD L120 Throttle issues

/ **HELP** JD L120 Throttle issues #1  

Cruiser787904

Tractor
JD L120
I had to pull the engine to replace a leaking gasket. When I pulled the pan I had to remove the linkage attached to # 28 in the image link below. I now have it all back together and when I fire it up it revs to the moon. So I turn it off and take a look and the only thing I tampered with was the linkage attached to #28. I noticed that when I closed the throttle it does not seat against the idle adjustment screw/stop. So after fiddling with it I ended up putting a secondary spring in to bring it all the way back to the adjustment screw/stop. Now it idles nicely but when I go to throttle up it revs normal at half throttle and revs to the moon anywhere above that.

Any one have a proper procedure for setting the linkage I had to remove correctly? What else could the the problem?

L120_WW_1.gif

/ **HELP** JD L120 Throttle issues
Alright I now know this it the governor mechanism and watched a you tube on adjusting it correctly. Going out now to see if this adjustment fixes it....

/ **HELP** JD L120 Throttle issues
Well I had no luck....it operated fine until the oil leak which prompted me to change the #11 gasket. When I took the pan off to replace it the gasket was sucked into the case. Now with it back together I am guessing the governor took a dump damaging that gasket. When I took it apart I am assuming the governor was allowed shift and is no longer working. Based on what I have seen and read the motor is done for... Anyone with advice please chime in....