Battery acid

/ Battery acid #1  

Horse

Tractor
John Deere 4410 12x12 E-Power-Reverser
I found a few other older posts mentioning leaking battery acid. Looks like these JD batteries could stand to be replace with the sealed type. Any suggestions for this?

Thanks

/ Battery acid #2  
I don't understand why they leak. It must just be a problem with the brand JD gets from the battery supplier. My neighbor really ought to just replace his battery in his new JD 790, it has really made a mess. I should think a sealed would be ideal and worth the expense, it has done some serious eating of the metal on the 790 not to mention completely eating the ends off.

/ Battery acid #3  
We had this same problem with our JD 320 garden tractor. So I took it into work and they just put a new cap on the top of the battery that has a overflow tube so any excess acid can drain down onto the ground. This problem only occured after we put a new battery in the tractor the old one never did this.

Nick

/ Battery acid
Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll go to a sealed battery. When I called the dealer they just went Hmmmmm. So I guess it's common and they don't want to deal with it. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif