Hydraulic top link?

/ Hydraulic top link? #1  

dstacy

Silver Member
Tractor
a few green & yellow ones
I'm thinking about putting a hydraulic top link on my 5093e and was wondering if any of you have installed one. If so can you recommend one or where to get one?

Any reason NOT to get one?

Thanks

/ Hydraulic top link? #2  
Fit Rite Hydraulics

Only reason NOT to get one is you do not have hookups for one

/ Hydraulic top link? #3  
Fit Rite Hydraulics

Only reason NOT to get one is you do not have hookups for one

And that is only a temporary reason because you then go and have rear remotes installed JUST so you can install the hydraulic top link. :D

/ Hydraulic top link? #5  
A 5093 uses some heavy equipment. I would look at a top link with pilot check valves if I wanted the equipment to stay and not drift or droop. Send an e-mail or call this company. Hydraulic top links, Top-N-Tilt, Side link cylinders. They should be able to provide you with some good info.

/ Hydraulic top link? #6  
I'm thinking about putting a hydraulic top link on my 5093e and was wondering if any of you have installed one. If so can you recommend one or where to get one?

Thanks

As useful as the FEL and I don't know how I lived life without it. I purchased this one and the hose kit. Great price and great product!

- Tiller Blades & Hydraulic Top Links | Lawn, Garden, & Agricultural Parts | AGRISTOREUSA.COM

I can post pics (get some in daylight tomorrow) if you want. Oh! I almost forgot to add that some come with anti-creep valves that insures they hold their position, but that may or may not be your desire if you have an attachment that you want to float your hydraulics to allow free movement. Doesn't work well with the 600 PSI check valves. I don't need to float, so I have the valves. And one other thing, I didn't want the cylinder rolling side to side and preferred to keep the hoses connections neatly on top out of harms way, so I chose the clevis end as opposed to the ball end on the tractor side.

Last edited:
   / Hydraulic top link? #7  

Thanks

The only problem I have had is when I extended the top link on a close coupled boom mower so far that the PTO shaft came apart. Like I said, it was close coupled ( short PTO) and I had raised the 3 point too high in combination with the top link out. I only did that once, lol. Other than that, they sure are nice, particularly when hooking up the top link

/ Hydraulic top link? #8  
I wouldn't go with a double pilot check valve type.chances are if your 5093 comes standard with remotes, they have a fiat function. If you get a check valve style you can't take advantage of the float function. (Which is a huge advantage)

/ Hydraulic top link? #9  
X2. The real application for DPCV equipped HTLs is on tractors with pre-existing hydraulic leakdown problems. I'd never buy one, because I'm the kinda guy who'd fix the leakdown problem rather than plug a bandaid into it. So as far as I'm concerned, there should be no need whatsoever to put one on a new tractor.

//greg//

/ Hydraulic top link? #10  
I've had TnT on my last two tractors and would not be without them ever again. Makes your tractor life so MUCH easier at least that's my :2cents:.
+1 for FitRiteHydraulics
Good luck.:thumbsup: