Very pleased with new Equipment-JD5065e

/ Very pleased with new Equipment-JD5065e #1  

Rmd8136

Gold Member
Tractor
Deere 5065e MFWD
I have had my MFWD 5065e with 553 FEL for about 3 weeks. Got Bush Hog 296 and Woods DMH6 disc harrow. This equipment is matched very well and I couldn't be happier. I have been cutting road beds and food plots, moving brush piles and plowing for sunflower seed plantings. My property is tight on roads and fire breaks making open station the right choice for me. The 9f/3r sync shuttle trans is just what I need. In summary, I am a very happy Deere man right now .

/ Very pleased with new Equipment-JD5065e #2  
Sounds like a nice setup! That tractor and Bush Hog are a great match. Any pictures?

/ Very pleased with new Equipment-JD5065e #3  
That is great. It sounds like a nice machine. I am glad you are enjoying it!

/ Very pleased with new Equipment-JD5065e
I have had my MFWD 5065e with 553 FEL for about 3 weeks. Got Bush Hog 296 and Woods DMH6 disc harrow. This equipment is matched very well and I couldn't be happier. I have been cutting road beds and food plots, moving brush piles and plowing for sunflower seed plantings. My property is tight on roads and fire breaks making open station the right choice for me. The 9f/3r sync shuttle trans is just what I need. In summary, I am a very happy Deere man right now .

My pics are with phone and sometimes rotated wrong

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,007.1 KB · Views: 332
   / Very pleased with new Equipment-JD5065e #5  
That's okay. We can tilt our heads! Nice setup.

/ Very pleased with new Equipment-JD5065e #6  
i too have a 5065 with same FEL and am considering a disc harrow and sounds like your setup may be exactly what i'm looking for. however, in looking at the Woods website, the DMH6 is equipped with CAT1 hitch. i believe our tractor is equipped with a CAT2 hitch. are you using bushings to adapt?

/ Very pleased with new Equipment-JD5065e
Yes. Went by Tractor Supply and got 3 bushing to adapt Cat 1 implement to Cat 2 hitch. You should take measurements of the inside clear dimension between the flanges on lower arms and top link. The bushings come in different lengths and I would get the longest one that will fit. I would also measure the inside diameter of your Cat 2 holes to make sure they match the outside diameter of the bushings you buy. Sometimes the parts get mixed up in different bins. Anyway , piece of cake and cheap for bushings. The Woods is available in major manufacturer colors. My local dealer had it in JD green

/ Very pleased with new Equipment-JD5065e #9  
Congrats. I thought that in the John Deere family, the 5xxx series buys a lot of tractor for a lot less $/hp. Was looking at the 3xxxx & 4xxxx series for clearing land, hauling, lifting logs, knowing I really wanted something in the 40hp range . Got the sticker shock, then saw the 5xxxx series and said gee, if I can get twice or thrice the hp for about the same price, that might ease the pain. But yes, it doesn't come with the conveinance of hydro, cruise control, cup holders, foot warmers anda purse bag holder :laughing: that's very important to some.

Last edited:
   / Very pleased with new Equipment-JD5065e #10  
Nice tractor. Glad you are enjoying using it.