Picked up a Deere 3120... time to retire my 2305

/ Picked up a Deere 3120... time to retire my 2305 #1  

Shawk

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 3520
Well, I've been all over the place with little tractors.... I started with a LX188, then 325, to my 425 (man, this was a good unit to me) then my first "tractor" 2210, went to a 2520, back to a 2305 and now with our current move just picked up a 2007 3120. It's got 900 hours, used and maybe even abused a little but overall seems clean and like a very strong machine. I've been casually looking for quite a while but started looking seriously not to long ago with our move coming soon. I bought it local which was nice as I assumed I'd be on the road to snag one. I was a little concerned about weight which had held me back a little but since we have a ZT for mowing now it was a good time to swap as my 2305 has taken the summer off with the ZT taking over it's summer work. I'll grab a 3 pt mower at some point as back up though as well for the 3120. It came with e-Hydro, R4 tires, 300X loader, Frontier 60" BB, 72" rear blade, and 3 pt snowblower. All and all I'm happy with it and hopefully will be over the next couple months (and years to come) as I put it to work. ;) For our needs, this machine will be more than enough. :) I thought about going back to a 2520 or 2720 but decided to overkill a bit more for those few days I want the extra lift capacities up front and on the 3 pt. Pics will come...

Attachments

• zpfile000.jpg
    zpfile000.jpg
    498.9 KB · Views: 440
  • zpfile002.jpg
    zpfile002.jpg
    472.1 KB · Views: 260
  • zpfile004.jpg
    zpfile004.jpg
    391.4 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
   / Picked up a Deere 3120... time to retire my 2305 #2  
Congrats! I'm having a ball with mine (1st tractor ever) and learning as I go. Mine had 1000 hrs., came with the 300X loader, 447 backhoe and the 60" BB. Haven't used the BB yet but have been really pleased with how much work the loader & that little hoe will handle.

I do need to replace the pin that holds the boom to the stick as it won't take grease. New zerk didn't help so that's the next project before I use that end of the tractor again. Looks to be a pretty straightforward swap-out, which on my planet means it'll be a SOB, take all day and involve liberal use of naughty words. :laughing:

/ Picked up a Deere 3120... time to retire my 2305 #3  
Congrats! I'm having a ball with mine (1st tractor ever) and learning as I go. Mine had 1000 hrs., came with the 300X loader, 447 backhoe and the 60" BB. Haven't used the BB yet but have been really pleased with how much work the loader & that little hoe will handle.

I do need to replace the pin that holds the boom to the stick as it won't take grease. New zerk didn't help so that's the next project before I use that end of the tractor again. Looks to be a pretty straightforward swap-out, which on my planet means it'll be a SOB, take all day and involve liberal use of naughty words. :laughing:

You may be able to simply remove the pin, wipe it down and reinstall it with a light coating of grease.

To the op congratulations on the nice Deere. Looking forward to pics.

/ Picked up a Deere 3120... time to retire my 2305 #4  
You may be able to simply remove the pin, wipe it down and reinstall it with a light coating of grease.

From your lips to the tractor god's ear. It doesn't squeal and I can't feel any restriction in the action so fingers crossed it hasn't welded itself fast.

Apology for the thread drift and +1 the request for pictures. Baby John wants to see some pics of her sister. :thumbsup:

/ Picked up a Deere 3120... time to retire my 2305
Thanks guys.... and no sweat with the passing along info within the thread. When good info is passed, I can't imagine having an issue with it. ;) Glad a fix was found! Best wishes

/ Picked up a Deere 3120... time to retire my 2305 #6  
I had the swivle pin out on my 47 backhoe & ran a long .062 drill down the grease hole under the fitting and cleaned out the hardend grease &crud &it took grease after that -shadow

/ Picked up a Deere 3120... time to retire my 2305 #7  
I had the swivle pin out on my 47 backhoe & ran a long .062 drill down the grease hole under the fitting and cleaned out the hardend grease &crud &it took grease after that -shadow

Thanks, Shadow! Will do.

/ Picked up a Deere 3120... time to retire my 2305
Pics in original post... :)

/ Picked up a Deere 3120... time to retire my 2305 #9  
Congrats on the new tractor.

I'm at the same point. I am looking to upgrade my 2305 for a bigger tractor.

Did you sell your 2305 outright or did you trade it?

/ Picked up a Deere 3120... time to retire my 2305 #10