Goodyear Tire Blue tint on mud?

/ Goodyear Tire Blue tint on mud? #1  

Rmd8136

Gold Member
Tractor
Deere 5065e MFWD
Anyone noticed a blue tint in mud or dirt that gets caked between cleats ? When the mud falls off, the side that was against rubber has a blue tint to it. I am wondering if there is some coating on tires that needs to wear off ( even thought tires are black and not blue) or whether there is some chemical reaction going on with possibly acidic soils that results in this color. If so will it wear tires prematurely?

/ Goodyear Tire Blue tint on mud? #2  
All new tires seem to do it. Whether tractor or truck tires. They seem to stop turning mud blue after a few months. I dont have a clue about what causes it tho!

/ Goodyear Tire Blue tint on mud? #3  
Don't new tires have a Blue coating over the Whitewalls from the Factory? Perhaps the spray gun covered a wider area? Just a thought.

/ Goodyear Tire Blue tint on mud? #4  
My ATV with Outlaw mud tires has the "blue mud" sometimes even thought they are at least eight years old.

/ Goodyear Tire Blue tint on mud? #5  
Its probably the mold release agent that you see, it should go away eventually.

/ Goodyear Tire Blue tint on mud? #6  
Still see it on my tractor and trailer tires even though they are over 1.5 years old.

/ Goodyear Tire Blue tint on mud? #7  
The blue is caused by anti-oxidant/anti-ozinant oils added to the compounded rubber during the manufacturing process. This oil helps prevent weather checking and cracking. The oil migrates from the surface of the tire to the lighter colored mud/dust where it can be seen. Some older tires will show pink/red. Different oil, same purpose. Nothing to worry about: It's a good thing.

Steve - 30 year Firestone Ag tire employee

/ Goodyear Tire Blue tint on mud? #8  
do not worry about it unless your not done having kids