Loader Tech Manual for JD 521 Loader

/ Tech Manual for JD 521 Loader #1  

GillieBrook

Tractor
JD 5105
Looking for a tech manual for John Deere 521 loader.
CTM103519 is the manual part number

/ Tech Manual for JD 521 Loader
or manual CTM120519

/ Tech Manual for JD 521 Loader #3  
May I ask what's so complicated on a FEL that one needs a TM??

/ Tech Manual for JD 521 Loader #4  
May I ask what's so complicated on a FEL that one needs a TM??

i am not the original requestor, but i have an issue with a 521 loader and not sure how to proceed

i managed to bend a support pipe that helps maintain the distance between the working arms of the loader. i ordered a new pipe from JD and it seemed a bit short to what i was expecting.

the pipe only goes between the 2 arms, and does not go thru the 2 arms as i would have expected. i am guessing there are short pins inside the rotating arms that need to driven out so the new pipe can be inserted.

i am not totally sure of the correct procedure without having a diagram of what is actually inside the joint and do not want to cut the pipe to get it out and start driving parts out without a bit more knowledge.

at this point the entire unit is still stable and usable, so i do not need to do this in a hurry, but i will be doing a bunch of tree removal shortly and using the front end loader forks a lot and would rather have everything in perfect order before starting this project

/ Tech Manual for JD 521 Loader #5  
I think the tech manual for 521 loader only covers hyd cylinders.Technical Manual CD-ROM CTM120519CD Hydraulic Cylinders

/ Tech Manual for JD 521 Loader #6  
Is item 11 what you bought, need to replace?

Attachments

• 521loader.gif
    521loader.gif
    29.5 KB · Views: 1,115
   / Tech Manual for JD 521 Loader #7  
Is item 11 what you bought, need to replace?

yes, #11 is what i bought and based on sight, i thought the pin went through both arms.

closer inspection today, it's obvious there are separate pins on each end that hold the arms in place.

i just wasn't sure what the proper technique to use in replacing the bent section.

logically it would appear that i must cut the pipe and then drive out the short pin on 1 side and slide the #11 pin through the arm and re-insert the old shorter pin.

for some reason this shorter pin setup is not shown in the diagram, or any other diagram i found of the same part display.

/ Tech Manual for JD 521 Loader #8  
Technically all rod(parts key #11) is intended for is to time both attaching brackets when changing attachments such as bucket or pallet forks. Here's the part spec's if you want to check to be sure you have the correct part.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 312
   / Tech Manual for JD 521 Loader #9  
yes, #11 is what i bought and based on sight, i thought the pin went through both arms.

closer inspection today, it's obvious there are separate pins on each end that hold the arms in place.

i just wasn't sure what the proper technique to use in replacing the bent section.

logically it would appear that i must cut the pipe and then drive out the short pin on 1 side and slide the #11 pin through the arm and re-insert the old shorter pin.

for some reason this shorter pin setup is not shown in the diagram, or any other diagram i found of the same part display.

The drawing shows 11 as the only part, but separate pins would be more logical. If you have separate pins you should have four retaining pins (number 5). One for each end pin and two for number 11. Does yours have four retaining pins?
I would NOT cut the center bar. I would remove both end pins, then the bent bar. I would have the bent bar straightened.

/ Tech Manual for JD 521 Loader #10  
The drawing shows 11 as the only part, but separate pins would be more logical. If you have separate pins you should have four retaining pins (number 5). One for each end pin and two for number 11. Does yours have four retaining pins?
I would NOT cut the center bar. I would remove both end pins, then the bent bar. I would have the bent bar straightened.

The pins in the end look like #6 and #13. The number of retaining pins is not the relevant issue. What I thought I had was a single 1 inch diameter pin, when in fact i have 3 1 inch diameter pins, 1 long and 2 shorts

I have the correct center part , and its in my hands.

I HAVE to cut the center bar. That is why it's being replaced. It has a severe wiggle in it, and therefore there is no way its going to go through the mounting holes in the arms. Also, the end pins cannot be pulled out, they must be pushed out from the inside, so the center bar MUST go. I expect that this part probably rarely gets replaced as it is fairly protected, but during a clean up of heavy tree limbs, something got in there and bent things up.

I just thought someone might have taken this area of a front end loader apart before and knew what to expect when I pop one of those shortie pins out. Not sure if lining all the parts back up will be a major issue. Do all the parts need some sort of support so heavy items don't go flying?

I guess I will move forward with what makes sense and just cut and pop pins and see about making it all look pretty again. I am also surprised that after charging a fortune for a piece of pipe with 2 holes in it that JD didn't even paint it JD green. They just left it unpainted