Mowing Hieght Adjustment Knob on 1025r Belly Mower "Frozen"

/ Hieght Adjustment Knob on 1025r Belly Mower "Frozen" #1  

tarzane

Tractor
John Deere 1025r
Received my new JD1025r CUT a week ago, with my 60" belly mower attached. The mower was raised to maximum height and the height adjustment knob was in the "Locked" position when delivered. However, I can't get it OUT of the locked position. It is frozen, won't turn either way. Given my novice status, there's probably something I've done wrong, but I've read the manual backwards and forwards and haven't been able to find the answer there. Calls and emails to my JD Dealer have not elicited a response on this issue yet, and I'd like to get mowing with the new equipment!

Also have a FEL and it's working great.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

/ Hieght Adjustment Knob on 1025r Belly Mower "Frozen" #2  
Turn on the engine, lift the deck fully, then turn the knob.

/ Hieght Adjustment Knob on 1025r Belly Mower "Frozen"
Thanks for getting back to me. I should have mentioned that the SVC control is NOT working to raise and lower the deck, either, as I understand it is supposed to. My John Deere Dealer hasn't answered as to what I can do about that, either. Your post gets me to thinking that maybe the deck is stuck in a position that's making the adjustment knob freeze, so maybe I ought to use a manual lever of some kind to move the deck up a little bit, then maybe the knob will be loosened up. I will try that in the morning. Thanks!

/ Hieght Adjustment Knob on 1025r Belly Mower "Frozen" #4  
Is it hydraulic lift? If so does your loader still work? Try unplugging the deck line and putting a rag over the end of the hose then push in the ball with a hammer by lightly tapping it. When fluid comes out stop. This will release any pressure in the cylinder.

With tractor off wiggle the joystick front to back and side to side. Then try to reconnect the mower deck hose and see if it will lift. You may be plugged into the wrong port. If so you should try the joystick in every position to see if it will lift.

Yes, the SVC (SCV?) "Selective Valve Control" or "Selective Control Valve" stick is supposed to be able to raise and lower the mowing deck hydraulically on this tractor. IT is doing a great job of running the FEL, but I can't figure out how to make it raise and lower the mowing deck instead. I've scoured the manuals and haven't found any instructions on that. It would seem that you'd have to disconnect and then reconnect some of the hydraulic hoses to get the function switched over to controlling the mower deck. Thanks very much for you advice, Swick1 - i will try what you suggest!

/ Hieght Adjustment Knob on 1025r Belly Mower "Frozen" #6  
The hose for the mower lift is by your loader disconnects. Turn the tractor off, set the bucket flat on the ground and wiggle the scv. Disconnect the bottom outer fitting like an air hose by pulling back on the collet. Cap it with the dust cover and replace with the mower hose.

Swick1, Problem Solved! I looked closely at the hydraulic lines and the four colored ones were plugged into the lines from the Loader, and so was the Black line. I saw an unused black-coded line coming out from the top of the mower deck and decided maybe that was the connect to get hydraulic power to the mowing deck and SCV stick. Now that I've got THAT black line from the mower deck connected to the tractor's black line, the SCV is working and I can raise and lower the mowing deck as advertised with the SCV stick. Thanks very much!

/ Hieght Adjustment Knob on 1025r Belly Mower "Frozen" #8  
You're welcome. Don't forget to hang your deck in the highest position before switching back to the loader.

/ Hieght Adjustment Knob on 1025r Belly Mower "Frozen" #9  
I just picked mine last night. It is doing the same thing , sorta. Ivan lower the deck like an inch or 2. That's it then I can raise it . My height adjustment knob is stuck in lock position also. Did I do something wrong?

One of my problems was I was trying to change the height adjustment knob WITHOUT the tractor engine running. Make sure you've got the engine running when you want to move that knob for any reason.