Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 47
  1. #31
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    72
    Location
    Arkansas
    Tractor
    Belarus 825, for now.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by corey9212 View Post

    he feels really bad and is doing everything he can to get me the 6125R. He is taking the 5115M on trade but he ended up losing money cause of how much I was over charged .
    Why would he loose money on a deal? He's coming out money ahead somewhere, unless he's just a super nice guy that won't be in business long.

    Very nice equipment.

  2. #32
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    199
    Location
    NS, Canada
    Tractor
    2012 John Deere 5093E

    Default Re: New haying equipment

    If you are serious about doing contract hay you should keep the 5M and buy another tractor. 500 acres of hay is a bit much for one tractor, even if its.a huge super tractor. A contract hay guy in my area uses a 7R mowing with triples and usually two smaller tractors to ted rake and bale 1000 acres a year, he also uses the same tractors on his own 1000 acres of grain. Last time I talked to him he was mostly baling silage.
    2012 John Deere 5093E Limited

  3. #33
    Elite Member Tx Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,266
    Location
    Coyote Flats,Tx
    Tractor
    JD 4255/Kubota M7040 HDC

    Default Re: New haying equipment

    Quote Originally Posted by corey9212 View Post
    Yes I went from a BX2660 to a 5115M. The dealer that I am dealing with now sells the 5115M for $88,000 the dealer I bought it from charged me $120,000 (same features and everything.) mine has had 10 warranty calls in the first month and they are now charging me for work that John Deere warranties. .
    I seriously doubt it's the selling dealers fault that you paid $120,000 for an $88,000 tractor. I always heard buyer be aware!! I've been in the custom hay baling business since '87 and I'd hate to think of having to repay new equipment prices of today @ $22 per rd bale that I charge. I think JD better watch out as I'm hearing of 468 balers getting holes worn in the side sheets in less than 20,000 bales.

  4. #34
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,193
    Location
    Red Oak, Texas
    Tractor
    JD 5525 and 5093e Kubota SVL75

    Default Re: New haying equipment

    What baler are you running?

    D.
    ----------------------------------
    Darin Divinia
    DDR Longhorns
    Registered Texas Longhorns
    http://www.ddrlonghorns.com/
    Follow us on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/DDRLonghorns?ref=ts
    ----------------------------------

  5. #35
    Veteran Member GreatWhitehunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,433
    Location
    Eastern CT
    Tractor
    JD 110 TLB

    Default Re: New haying equipment

    You purchased an 100k tractor with shopping around?

    Matt
    Deere 110 TLB, Load Trail Low Pro Dump trailer, 2500HD Duramax, Kawasaki 4010 Mule

  6. #36
    Platinum Member corey9212's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    726
    Location
    Innisfail, AB
    Tractor
    2013 John Deere 6125R

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hill Farmer View Post

    Why would he loose money on a deal? He's coming out money ahead somewhere, unless he's just a super nice guy that won't be in business long.

    Very nice equipment.
    He is a super nice guy, he is making money on my other purchases though and I will be seeing him for more equipment.

    Quote Originally Posted by MattLynch View Post
    If you are serious about doing contract hay you should keep the 5M and buy another tractor. 500 acres of hay is a bit much for one tractor, even if its.a huge super tractor. A contract hay guy in my area uses a 7R mowing with triples and usually two smaller tractors to ted rake and bale 1000 acres a year, he also uses the same tractors on his own 1000 acres of grain. Last time I talked to him he was mostly baling silage.
    I would like to keep both tractors but funding just don't allow me to buy two at the moment.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Jim View Post

    I seriously doubt it's the selling dealers fault that you paid $120,000 for an $88,000 tractor. I always heard buyer be aware!! I've been in the custom hay baling business since '87 and I'd hate to think of having to repay new equipment prices of today @ $22 per rd bale that I charge. I think JD better watch out as I'm hearing of 468 balers getting holes worn in the side sheets in less than 20,000 bales.
    $22/round bale?????? I wanna live where you are, the going rate around here is $11/round bale. I do take some blame in the pricing cause I should have looked into it more instead of trusting him cause he was being a nice guy, he showed me the price on his JD builder website and said dropped the price lower than it's suggested price by quite a bit so I thought I was getting a sweet deal, now I use my JD builder every time to check which always gives a different price than the dealers (with all the same accessories and options.)

    Quote Originally Posted by ddivinia View Post
    What baler are you running?

    D.
    I'm using a 568 round baler.

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhitehunter View Post
    You purchased an 100k tractor with shopping around?

    Matt
    The 5115M I paid $120k the 6125R I will pay $140k
    - 2013 John Deere 6125R
    - H340 Front End Loader w/85" bucket and grapple
    - 7' Frontier RC2084 Rotary Cutter, 7' Frontier GM2084R Finishing Mower, 6' KingKutter Land Grader, 8' Frontier FG12G Front blade with hydraulic tilt, 5' Westwood Powered Sweeper, 5' Disk, 5' Drag Harrow, 55 Gallon Spraytech 3PH Sprayer, 90 Gallon Water Carrier, 3 point bale spear, 3 point pallet forks, 7' GM2084R grooming mower, 10' 3-PT harrow, 12' 1470 discbine, RR2109 rotary rake, 568 Megawide plus round baler.

  7. #37
    Elite Member Tx Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,266
    Location
    Coyote Flats,Tx
    Tractor
    JD 4255/Kubota M7040 HDC

    Default Re: New haying equipment

    corey9212
    $22 is for cutting,raking & baling. In my old age I have some difficulty thinking about paying $140,000 for a tractor by doing custom hay baling. I find it hard to believe that a JD rd baler with all the bells & whistles cost $40,000. I wish you the best.

  8. #38
    Platinum Member corey9212's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    726
    Location
    Innisfail, AB
    Tractor
    2013 John Deere 6125R

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Jim View Post
    corey9212
    $22 is for cutting,raking & baling. In my old age I have some difficulty thinking about paying $140,000 for a tractor by doing custom hay baling. I find it hard to believe that a JD rd baler with all the bells & whistles cost $40,000. I wish you the best.
    Here the $11 is for the same (cutting, raking and baling.) sorry you misunderstood me (my bad) the baler cost me $21,000 the upgrade from the 5115M tractor to a $6125R tractor is $40,000 more.
    - 2013 John Deere 6125R
    - H340 Front End Loader w/85" bucket and grapple
    - 7' Frontier RC2084 Rotary Cutter, 7' Frontier GM2084R Finishing Mower, 6' KingKutter Land Grader, 8' Frontier FG12G Front blade with hydraulic tilt, 5' Westwood Powered Sweeper, 5' Disk, 5' Drag Harrow, 55 Gallon Spraytech 3PH Sprayer, 90 Gallon Water Carrier, 3 point bale spear, 3 point pallet forks, 7' GM2084R grooming mower, 10' 3-PT harrow, 12' 1470 discbine, RR2109 rotary rake, 568 Megawide plus round baler.

  9. #39
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,023
    Location
    texas
    Tractor
    7040 HDC 1153 fel

    Default Re: New haying equipment

    here most custom balers are charging $25 to $27 to cut rake an bale for 4 by 6s.we paid 12 a bale for cutting an raking.to run a baling operation you really need 3 tractors.1 for the cutter 1 for rge rake an 1 for the baler.that way your not constantly hooking an unhooking equipment.we use a jx80 to pull the 567 baler.

  10. #40
    Elite Member Tx Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,266
    Location
    Coyote Flats,Tx
    Tractor
    JD 4255/Kubota M7040 HDC

    Default Re: New haying equipment

    Quote Originally Posted by corey9212 View Post
    Here the $11 is for the same (cutting, raking and baling.) sorry you misunderstood me (my bad) the baler cost me $21,000 the upgrade from the 5115M tractor to a $6125R tractor is $40,000 more.

    I can't imagine hoping to pay for that much dollar investment in equipment "before it's completely worn out" by only collecting $11 per bale for cutting,raking & baling. Not me Vern. I suppose the yield per acre is much greater than down here in Texas but I'd still be out. As I previously stated GOOD LUCK. When I stated $40K for rd baler I was referring to a NEW baler.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 01:10 AM
  2. Haying Equipment
    By CWP37 in forum Haying
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 05-16-2006, 11:07 PM
  3. Haying Equipment needs 101
    By riptides in forum Haying
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 09-29-2005, 12:37 PM
  4. Haying Equipment needs 101
    By riptides in forum Haying
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-30-2004, 02:14 PM
  5. haying equipment
    By cowboydoc in forum Haying
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-15-2001, 08:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.