New haying equipment

/ New haying equipment #31  
he feels really bad and is doing everything he can to get me the 6125R. He is taking the 5115M on trade but he ended up losing money cause of how much I was over charged .

Why would he loose money on a deal? He's coming out money ahead somewhere, unless he's just a super nice guy that won't be in business long.

Very nice equipment.

/ New haying equipment #32  
If you are serious about doing contract hay you should keep the 5M and buy another tractor. 500 acres of hay is a bit much for one tractor, even if its.a huge super tractor. A contract hay guy in my area uses a 7R mowing with triples and usually two smaller tractors to ted rake and bale 1000 acres a year, he also uses the same tractors on his own 1000 acres of grain. Last time I talked to him he was mostly baling silage.

/ New haying equipment #33  
Yes I went from a BX2660 to a 5115M. The dealer that I am dealing with now sells the 5115M for $88,000 the dealer I bought it from charged me $120,000 (same features and everything.) mine has had 10 warranty calls in the first month and they are now charging me for work that John Deere warranties. .

I seriously doubt it's the selling dealers fault that you paid $120,000 for an $88,000 tractor. I always heard buyer be aware!! I've been in the custom hay baling business since '87 and I'd hate to think of having to repay new equipment prices of today @ $22 per rd bale that I charge. I think JD better watch out as I'm hearing of 468 balers getting holes worn in the side sheets in less than 20,000 bales.

/ New haying equipment #34  
What baler are you running?

D.

/ New haying equipment #35  
You purchased an 100k tractor with shopping around?

Matt

/ New haying equipment
Why would he loose money on a deal? He's coming out money ahead somewhere, unless he's just a super nice guy that won't be in business long.

Very nice equipment.

He is a super nice guy, he is making money on my other purchases though and I will be seeing him for more equipment.

If you are serious about doing contract hay you should keep the 5M and buy another tractor. 500 acres of hay is a bit much for one tractor, even if its.a huge super tractor. A contract hay guy in my area uses a 7R mowing with triples and usually two smaller tractors to ted rake and bale 1000 acres a year, he also uses the same tractors on his own 1000 acres of grain. Last time I talked to him he was mostly baling silage.

I would like to keep both tractors but funding just don't allow me to buy two at the moment.

I seriously doubt it's the selling dealers fault that you paid $120,000 for an $88,000 tractor. I always heard buyer be aware!! I've been in the custom hay baling business since '87 and I'd hate to think of having to repay new equipment prices of today @ $22 per rd bale that I charge. I think JD better watch out as I'm hearing of 468 balers getting holes worn in the side sheets in less than 20,000 bales.

$22/round bale?????? I wanna live where you are, the going rate around here is $11/round bale. I do take some blame in the pricing cause I should have looked into it more instead of trusting him cause he was being a nice guy, he showed me the price on his JD builder website and said dropped the price lower than it's suggested price by quite a bit so I thought I was getting a sweet deal, now I use my JD builder every time to check which always gives a different price than the dealers (with all the same accessories and options.)

What baler are you running?

D.

I'm using a 568 round baler.

You purchased an 100k tractor with shopping around?

Matt

The 5115M I paid $120k the 6125R I will pay $140k

/ New haying equipment #37  
corey9212
$22 is for cutting,raking & baling. In my old age I have some difficulty thinking about paying $140,000 for a tractor by doing custom hay baling. I find it hard to believe that a JD rd baler with all the bells & whistles cost $40,000. I wish you the best.

/ New haying equipment
corey9212
$22 is for cutting,raking & baling. In my old age I have some difficulty thinking about paying $140,000 for a tractor by doing custom hay baling. I find it hard to believe that a JD rd baler with all the bells & whistles cost $40,000. I wish you the best.

Here the $11 is for the same (cutting, raking and baling.) sorry you misunderstood me (my bad) the baler cost me $21,000 the upgrade from the 5115M tractor to a $6125R tractor is $40,000 more.

/ New haying equipment #39  
here most custom balers are charging $25 to $27 to cut rake an bale for 4 by 6s.we paid 12 a bale for cutting an raking.to run a baling operation you really need 3 tractors.1 for the cutter 1 for rge rake an 1 for the baler.that way your not constantly hooking an unhooking equipment.we use a jx80 to pull the 567 baler.

/ New haying equipment #40  
Here the $11 is for the same (cutting, raking and baling.) sorry you misunderstood me (my bad) the baler cost me $21,000 the upgrade from the 5115M tractor to a $6125R tractor is $40,000 more.

I can't imagine hoping to pay for that much dollar investment in equipment "before it's completely worn out" by only collecting $11 per bale for cutting,raking & baling. Not me Vern. I suppose the yield per acre is much greater than down here in Texas but I'd still be out. As I previously stated GOOD LUCK. When I stated $40K for rd baler I was referring to a NEW baler.