New haying equipment

/ New haying equipment #1  

corey9212

Platinum Member
Tractor
2015 John Deere 3046R
I just purchased some new haying equipment and thought I would share some pictures with everyone. The first one is a brand new RR2109 rotary rake and the second one (no pics yet still waiting delivery) a new to me 568 round baler. Hopefully if the weather holds up I will be raking Tuesday or Thursday and baling Saturday or Sunday.
The manual for the rotary rake says to not operate in the raised position, what would happen if I raised it while it's running (say to end one row and lift it and turn to make a new row so I don't rake up rows I don't want to rake.)

Attachments

• image-2742793330.jpg
    image-2742793330.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 331
  • image-2122795206.jpg
    image-2122795206.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 318
  • image-1176308069.jpg
    image-1176308069.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 302
   / New haying equipment #2  
Nice equipment. Congratulations. I don't think that raising it for such a short period of time, would cause any problems.

/ New haying equipment
Nice equipment. Congratulations. I don't think that raising it for such a short period of time, would cause any problems.

Thank you, I got lucky to get the rake, it was the last one on the lot and while I was doing the paperwork another guy came in looking at a rake too. I felt bad for him but glad I grabbed it when I did.
That's what I thought too but still not sure what problems it could cause, the angle isn't even that big.

/ New haying equipment #4  
nice equipment, my neighbor who does my hay has a 568 baler and man has that thing baled a lot of hay with very little problem. good luck haying

/ New haying equipment
nice equipment, my neighbor who does my hay has a 568 baler and man has that thing baled a lot of hay with very little problem. good luck haying

Thank you, that's good to know cause this one has 10,000 bales on it already but looks really good and the dealer is very supportive of it being sound and solid. Thanks, a little nervous being my first time with a) this equipment b) doing someone else's hay c) this is my first year and not sure on really when to do things or know when to move onto the next step. The weather forecast has been so unreliable this year that I just don't know what to do, one day it says no rain for a week so I start getting equipment ready then the next day it's 40% chance of 1mm of rain almost everyday, then when the day gets here it doesn't rain or if it does it rains for 30 min and 5 min later it's all dry like it never rained (very fustrated.)

/ New haying equipment #6  
Very nice rake, Corey. I've got an older, Kuhn rotary rake (I think Kuhn makes a lot of the Deere hay implements) that is a great piece of equipment! Don't think that's it's a real big deal to raise the rake up a bit... just watch the angle of your PTO shaft.

That said, with the electronic PTO (and ePTO) is just a simple "snap" and it's on and off. No grinding, no pause -- it's ON-OFF. I generally stop the pto at the end of the row and maneuver and snap it on again when I'm ready for the next windrow. That way I don't have to worry about the shaft or revolving tines snagging something and causing a problem.

Got our hay done last week. Great quality hay... good color and high leaf content and 8-9% moisture! But.... the tonnage was down by 1/2! :mad: Couple of fields that have yielded 3 tons/acre in the past only produced 1.5 ton/acre!

Very dry up here this season with a lot of sunny days! Tourists are loving it but it's not good for hay farmers...

AKfish

/ New haying equipment
Very nice rake, Corey. I've got an older, Kuhn rotary rake (I think Kuhn makes a lot of the Deere hay implements) that is a great piece of equipment! Don't think that's it's a real big deal to raise the rake up a bit... just watch the angle of your PTO shaft.

That said, with the electronic PTO (and ePTO) is just a simple "snap" and it's on and off. No grinding, no pause -- it's ON-OFF. I generally stop the pto at the end of the row and maneuver and snap it on again when I'm ready for the next windrow. That way I don't have to worry about the shaft or revolving tines snagging something and causing a problem.

Got our hay done last week. Great quality hay... good color and high leaf content and 8-9% moisture! But.... the tonnage was down by 1/2! :mad: Couple of fields that have yielded 3 tons/acre in the past only produced 1.5 ton/acre!

Very dry up here this season with a lot of sunny days! Tourists are loving it but it's not good for hay farmers...

AKfish

Do you idle down when you turn it back on? I use 540e and have the tractor at high idle (1200rpm) when operating the rake if I re-engage the PTO I get a lot of grinding noise at low idle or high idle before it is fully spun up.

/ New haying equipment
Baler showed up, it makes the tractor look small. I hope it won't be too high to cause me to roll on a hill side. One slope makes me grab the instructor seat for balance.

Attachments

• image-3645284141.jpg
    image-3645284141.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 334
  • image-3104914873.jpg
    image-3104914873.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 286
  • image-805011484.jpg
    image-805011484.jpg
    974.3 KB · Views: 224
   / New haying equipment #9  
It's hard to believe a baler that pretty has baled 10,000 bales. Good luck.

/ New haying equipment #10  
Cool deal.

Let us know how it goes.

D.