It was bound to happen-

/ It was bound to happen- #1  

Dano15

Tractor
So far I have used my 4310 only to fix things, that is until today. The rain finally stopped so I decided to get some seat time and level my gravel driveway. As I was keeping a close eye on my rear blade, I heard a loud clank up front and looked up to see that my loader had smacked my electric gate control box and had bent it 45 degrees. As soon as I saw what I had done, I panicked and instead of hitting the back pedal, I hit the forward pedal and ripped the control box off the post and onto the ground it went. To be honest, I could not stop laughing when I saw what I had just done. The worst part is that this box was just installed this past Friday! Oh well, it looks like I am going to have to call the gate comapny and ask them to come back since some "kids" must have knocked it off in the middle of the night. Just goes to show, never under estimate the power of the 4310! As I sit here and write this, I am pretty sure I am not the only one who has done something dumb like this. Please tell me I am right!

Dano

/ It was bound to happen- #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I am pretty sure I am not the only one who has done something dumb like this. )</font>

In fact, you are! I have NEVER seen anything like this ANYWHERE on this website..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Actually, fences, my in-law's gate, a storage building, and lot AND LOTS of trees all show scars from my FEL's unexpected placement. Fortunately, nothing that expensive has gotten in my way.....YET..... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Mark

/ It was bound to happen- #3  
One fence post, which popped wire fasteners from adjoining eight posts, and corner trim from shop wall.......so far /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Les

/ It was bound to happen- #4  
Last week I was putting the tractor in the garagae and not paying as much attention as I should. I drove the loader into the rim of the trailer, instantly I decide to lift the loader and that picked the trailer up by the fender bending it. So there I was up in the air on three wheels wondering how Could be so careless /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif ooops ! lol. Dave

/ It was bound to happen- #5  
You can tell how many teeth are on my toothbar by looking at the fender on my utility trailer! When loading bushes over the side, dump the bucket, don't lower it.

/ It was bound to happen- #6  
There's a corollary here. You’ve gotta watch out for what’s attached on the back end as you are using the FEL. I snapped the welds on a landscaping rake wheel when it met an immovable object as I was backing up with a load of dirt in the FEL.

Also, I’ve found out that the shrubs I thought I put in “over there” were actually “over here” as I was scooping up deep snow with the FEL. Not he best time to be transplanting them.

Dutch

/ It was bound to happen-
Well, the gate people came out today to finish the job. Before they came, I called them and told them about my "accident" and they said not to worry. When they showed up, they said that people hit these boxes all the time and that it was no big deal. He said that they carry a "repair" kit for these types of situations which consisted of a portable welder and a can of black paint. 10 min later and the box was back up and rock solid. It does still have a nice ding in the side though. I'm just glad that it was the box that was hurt and not the expensive electronics that are in it. Next time I will try to destroy something that is cheap!

By the way, the other stories are great. Keep them coming.

Dano-

/ It was bound to happen- #8  
That's why I prefer the single Kubota pedal design. It is more instinctive to press backward when you want to GO backward and vice versa.

/ It was bound to happen- #9  
I can't understand why the forward pedal is on the left and the reverse pedal on the right.

This is completely opposite of what we have all learned - gas on the right, brake on the left.

/ It was bound to happen- #10  
<font color="blue"> I can't understand why the forward pedal is on the left and the reverse pedal on the right.

This is completely opposite of what we have all learned - gas on the right, brake on the left. </font>

Maybe its because the reverse pedal is not a brake /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The brake pedal is on the left side of the tractor where you would expect it to be.