1025r & H120 Lift Capacity - Underrated?

/ 1025r & H120 Lift Capacity - Underrated? #1  

PsRumors

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L45
1025r & H120 Lift Capacity - Underrated?
Everything I've read says the 1025r & H120 has a lift capacity of 836lbs. So I was rather surprised when I put in 10 JD Quick-Tatch (R127764) weights in the bucket and the loader operated (curl, rise, lower, dump) just fine (minus the DBS of course) at idle.

So that is 1040lbs, 20% above the rated capacity. I do believe I could have moved more but was concerned I didn't have enough balast.

Is that normal for these "little" tractors to be underrated, that underrated?

/ 1025r & H120 Lift Capacity - Underrated? #2  
Actually that is almost 25% above the rated capacity. Doesn't seem unusual to me, I know my mower will lift several hundred pounds more than it is rated at.

/ 1025r & H120 Lift Capacity - Underrated? #3  
Who knows, maybe 836# is the rating to keep the front axle from folding....

/ 1025r & H120 Lift Capacity - Underrated? #4  
I think they put a number on there that is safe for that machine and what it will lift reliably. I have seen pictures of BX's moving round bales of hay.

Actually that is almost 25% above the rated capacity. Doesn't seem unusual to me, I know my mower will lift several hundred pounds more than it is rated at.

Same for my BX on the 3PH, I don't have a loader to find out what it would do.

/ 1025r & H120 Lift Capacity - Underrated? #5  
Almost always, the numbers are well below the maximum capacity any item can actually handle. If they rated the tractor any higher, it could lead to people buying machines too small, and trying things too foolish. Also, to make the machine last and avoid warranty claims, they have to be somewhat modest with the figures. The truth of it is, the vast majority of people do too many stupid things.

/ 1025r & H120 Lift Capacity - Underrated? #6  
max on mine with tiller for rear weight is 850 sliding it off a trailer. Watched demos of more weight than that. Should have bought the next size up. The old John Deere tractors just seem to have more power than the new ones.

/ 1025r & H120 Lift Capacity - Underrated? #7  
max on mine with tiller for rear weight is 850 sliding it off a trailer. Watched demos of more weight than that. Should have bought the next size up. The old John Deere tractors just seem to have more power than the new ones.

I guess it depends what you are comparing your tractor to, I know my older tractors were a lot bigger but not near as easy to transport.

/ 1025r & H120 Lift Capacity - Underrated? #8  
The datasheet in Italy says the H120 loader fixed on the tractor JD 1026R can lift 190Kg, about 420libbre.

/ 1025r & H120 Lift Capacity - Underrated? #9  
I have not the H120 loader because is too expensive....in italy cost 4500€!!!
I normally use the rear 3 point for to lift a goods.....I can lift around 400kg/880lb

I would like to increase the lift power but my JD 1026 is a compact tractor so....I must content myself!!!

/ 1025r & H120 Lift Capacity - Underrated? #10  
by the way, how much the H120 loader in USA?