JD 790 Snowblower installation

/ JD 790 Snowblower installation #11  
Mountain Man,
You are more than half way to building one of my dream projects, a front mount mower for a CUT. You have the drive shaft and the hydraulic lift in pace.
Don

/ JD 790 Snowblower installation
I live in the foothills at about 8000'. In a normal year we get about 60" of snow per season (a couple of 18-24" + few smaller snowfalls). Believe it or not, March is our snowiest month, followed by April & November.

However last year we got about twice the usual amount including one storm (March 20) that dumped literally 5-6' in 36 hours. All our usual snowplows broke and large front end loaders were in high demand. We ended up hiring a small bulldozer to plow us out (see pix).
I've already busted the budget for this year, so just a new set of goggles and a hat for the time being. However I've looked at cabs. Anyone have a recommendation?

Attachments

• 319114-bulldozersnow2.JPG
    319114-bulldozersnow2.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 365
One more pix of the snowstorm. Used my 4 legged friend to make trails (tunnels) in the snow. The snow's weight kept packing down the lower snow, making it almost impossible to move. Good for igloo's tho...

Attachments

• 319121-Brent&Captainsnow.JPG
    319121-Brent&Captainsnow.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 376
Hadn't thought about a front mount mower, but it certainly makes sense with the PTO shaft out in front. It never ceases to amaze me, how a small hydraulic cylinder easily picks up a 450 lb. snowblower.

/ JD 790 Snowblower installation #15  
Very Nice - the pics are perfect - congrats on a great job

I am exploring a way to do this without removing my Loader. I live in NJ so don't get the volume of snow you get in the Rockies, but want something quick for few NorEasters we get every year. I currently have 6' Myers blade with a bucket mount i fabricated. That works well except for wet, heavy spring snow - so exploring a blower.