Deere Hydraulics - my 5055e a Lemon

/ Deere Hydraulics - my 5055e a Lemon #21  
What do you mean tackle the cause rather then the symptom? I have had it in the shop 3 times in 4 months. The valves get stuck, the oil boils, everything plastic melts. Who knows what permanent damage to the hydraulic pump, or other components from boiling hydraulic oil. In the mean time I have spent close to 1k on work that should be covered under warranty.

I bought a Deere because I thought they had a quality product. I should be able to work the hydraulics all day long without melting the fuel tank.

Time to find a dealer with mechanics instead of guessers and parts changers.

/ Deere Hydraulics - my 5055e a Lemon #22  
Time to find a dealer with mechanics instead of guessers and parts changers.

Yeah, I agree. By now the shop should be spending time with the machine trying to find the cause, rather than bolting on a new tank each time. The shop also should be chasing the field Rep, that shouldn't fall on the owner.

What a bummer. I'd be REALLY bummed out!!!!

/ Deere Hydraulics - my 5055e a Lemon #23  
What, someone having a problem w/ a John Deere? What's this world coming to? I thought according to this forum JD was bullet proof, no problems ever. Just goes to show even the king green can have problems like everyone else.

/ Deere Hydraulics - my 5055e a Lemon #24  
What, someone having a problem w/ a John Deere? What's this world coming to? I thought according to this forum JD was bullet proof, no problems ever. Just goes to show even the king green can have problems like everyone else.

I see you are feeling better....After reviewing your rather impressive record on TBN, I've got to admit, that this is the most intelligent post yet. Alcoholism is tough.

/ Deere Hydraulics - my 5055e a Lemon #25  
What do you mean tackle the cause rather then the symptom? I have had it in the shop 3 times in 4 months. The valves get stuck, the oil boils, everything plastic melts. Who knows what permanent damage to the hydraulic pump, or other components from boiling hydraulic oil. In the mean time I have spent close to 1k on work that should be covered under warranty.

I bought a Deere because I thought they had a quality product. I should be able to work the hydraulics all day long without melting the fuel tank.

I believe you have a right to be upset, just don't take it out on us please. We are just shooting rubber bands at the moon hoping that with your input, we can help you figure out what's wrong. But by saying you won't touch it "because it's under warranty", pretty much precludes us from being able to help you.

1st) you are right, you should be able to use hydraulics all day long, as long as your setup is correct.
2nd) If you had to pay $645, then they are saying it is not in warranty.
3rd) If it worked fine for years '11 and '12, how many hours is on it? Did it even hint at doing it the previous years?
4th) I think you need to have a long calm discussion with your deere regional rep. I'd ask for the $645 back, and for a fair trade for a new one.
5th) If something got hot enough to melt my boots, I think I'd consider turning it off if it was mine.

/ Deere Hydraulics - my 5055e a Lemon #26  
I think I'd be tempted to use it as a trade in at the dealership that fixed it- after it is fixed again. Choose a different model, and make the trade with a smile- telling them how lucky they are to get it in trade, now that it is all repaired!
Sounds like a lemon. Is there a lemon law in your state? Have you checked with JDeere for recalls?
I'd trade it in and start over- not worth the hassle of keeping it.

/ Deere Hydraulics - my 5055e a Lemon #27  
I think I'd be tempted to use it as a trade in at the dealership that fixed it- after it is fixed again. Choose a different model, and make the trade with a smile- telling them how lucky they are to get it in trade, now that it is all repaired!
Sounds like a lemon. Is there a lemon law in your state? Have you checked with JDeere for recalls?
I'd trade it in and start over- not worth the hassle of keeping it.

+2. Don't believe you would ever trust it. My nature would have me constantly listening and looking for a problem. 600+ hours on my 5303 and so far so good. I believe they are nearly identical in design.

/ Deere Hydraulics - my 5055e a Lemon #28  
+2. Don't believe you would ever trust it. My nature would have me constantly listening and looking for a problem. 600+ hours on my 5303 and so far so good. I believe they are nearly identical in design.

+3 Time for a New Green Machine.

/ Deere Hydraulics - my 5055e a Lemon #29  
I have a 5075E that the fuel tank has melted twice on. The tractor only has 1100 hrs. on it. I believe it is an '09 model.

/ Deere Hydraulics - my 5055e a Lemon #30  
I have a 5075E that the fuel tank has melted twice on. The tractor only has 1100 hrs. on it. I believe it is an '09 model.

Ahhh... this thread is really making me feel good about taking delivery of my new 5075E tomorrow. :laughing: