Deere Hydraulics - my 5055e a Lemon

/ Deere Hydraulics - my 5055e a Lemon #1  

wbuoni

Tractor
Kubota L3600
I bought my JD 5055e new in the summer of 2011. This year I used the rear hydraulics for the first time to disc mow my fields (just started making hay). After mowing about 2-hours my gas tank melted!!

My dealer replaced the gas tank and valves, but still cost me $250 plus costs to haul from field.

Next time I cut my fields ... my gas tank melted!! This time dealer said it was a bent line and charged not covered by warranty. Charged me $643 to fix.

Just mowed for fall cutting and ... my gas tank melted. My wires are melting. My drive shaft cover has melted.

I am at wits end. Called Deere and they are giving me the run-around. I need to meet with their field representative. My dealer implied that this is not a rare occurrence. I thought Deere was quality but this tractor is garbage.

Has anyone had similar experience? What are my legal options? Do I have grounds for a suit? I don't want this piece of trash anymore. Costing me money and EVERYTIME I use it the gas tank melts.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

/ Deere Hydraulics - my 5055e a Lemon #2  
There is a guy on green tractor forum that has had the issue several times. If I remember correctly there is a serial number break I saw on that site that had the issue. I looked up my sn and it looked like it was created after the issue.

/ Deere Hydraulics - my 5055e a Lemon #3  
Do you have pictures of this?

Never heard of anything like this so far. Where is all the heat coming from?

/ Deere Hydraulics - my 5055e a Lemon #4  
Do you have pictures of this?

Never heard of anything like this so far. Where is all the heat coming from?

Jd110 has commented about it on GTT. IIRC, it is something in the rocksaft assembly bypassing oil and getting hot. I thought he said there was a fix for it.

/ Deere Hydraulics - my 5055e a Lemon #5  
Please keep us posted on the outcome. This is puzzling. Have you tried to figure out what the heck is going on? When you say "use your rear hydraulics" to mow, what are you attaching? A hydraulic mower? Or just a raise and lower system?

/ Deere Hydraulics - my 5055e a Lemon #6  
I think the problem is they put a gas tank on a 5055 ;)

/ Deere Hydraulics - my 5055e a Lemon #7  
Nothing runs like a deere- before or after it is tagged!:D

/ Deere Hydraulics - my 5055e a Lemon #9  
Nothing runs like a deere- before or after it is tagged!:D

Smart *** comment. This should really provide the OP with a lot of help for his problem.

I would have expected better from a "Super Member", but apparently after 5,050 some still do not know the difference between having something to say and having to say something.

/ Deere Hydraulics - my 5055e a Lemon #10  
On GGT it was a JD 5065E that went thru three fuel tanks from hydraulics overheating. They originally replaced the hitch valve and O-rings and said they used sealant instead of a gasket, said the gasket was the problem. Two tanks later they claim they can't duplicate the problem. Accused him of bumping SCV lever while operating causing the heat build up.
There was also a JD 5045D that melted the fuel tank. Poster thought his loader valve was sticking causing heat build up. Said he had to jiggle the joystick to unstick the loader valve and then does not have the heat problem
DTAC 81574 was mentioned. It had to do with 3pt not lifting due to hot hydraulic oil. It's contents were never posted. jd110 did not think this DTAC covered the melted tank problem.

This is just a recap from GTT. Suggest anyone interested go there and search "melted tank"