Rockshaft Pin Removal -- 4410

/ Rockshaft Pin Removal -- 4410 #1  

jeffinsgf

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 4410
I've done some damage to the pins in my rockshaft. I took the nut off the inside, but it doesn't seem to want to budge. It appears to be threaded into the rockshaft, but I couldn't get it to budge, even with a reasonably big cheater bar.

Is it threaded into the rockshaft or is it a press fit?

Any help on getting them out?

/ Rockshaft Pin Removal -- 4410
Well, here I am answering my own thread...

The pins are tapered. Theoretically a couple good smacks with a hammer should pop it out. Have the replacement pin in hand now, I'll let ya'll know how it goes tomorrow.

/ Rockshaft Pin Removal -- 4410 #3  
I've done some damage to the pins in my rockshaft. I took the nut off the inside, but it doesn't seem to want to budge. It appears to be threaded into the rockshaft, but I couldn't get it to budge, even with a reasonably big cheater bar.

Is it threaded into the rockshaft or is it a press fit?

Any help on getting them out?

Not really sure what part you are talking about.

/ Rockshaft Pin Removal -- 4410 #4  
I believe he is referring to pin #20. They are tapered and once the nuts are removed, a good whack with a 3 lb hammer should pop them out.

Attachments

• MP24401________UN31JAN01.gif
    MP24401________UN31JAN01.gif
    23.1 KB · Views: 270
   / Rockshaft Pin Removal -- 4410
I believe he is referring to pin #20. They are tapered and once the nuts are removed, a good whack with a 3 lb hammer should pop them out.

That it did. Easy peasy.

/ Rockshaft Pin Removal -- 4410 #6  
I was thinking off of shaft 14. Picture is worth 1000 words. Glad you got it fixed!!