Photo of my 5065e

/ Photo of my 5065e #1  

Rmd8136

Gold Member
Tractor
Deere 5065e MFWD
Here is a picture of my 5065e, with disc harrow and FEL. Just finished small food plot in creek bottom. I am new to tractors and really enjoy my new (June 2013) machine. 44 hours so far and no problems except replaced fuel filler neck which was rusting . image.jpgimage.jpg

/ Photo of my 5065e #2  
Congratulations, very nice equipment.:thumbsup:

/ Photo of my 5065e #3  
Very nice tractor you have there! I have a new 5075E, which of course looks just like yours does here.

Looks like you're already getting some good use of of it! :thumbsup:

/ Photo of my 5065e #4  
I'm green with envy
congrats and enjoy

/ Photo of my 5065e #5  
Nice machine!

/ Photo of my 5065e #6  
Sweet. Good luck with food plots!

/ Photo of my 5065e #8  
Nice. Looks like a new disc harrow too. What brand and size disc you go with? I just rebuilt a 8' 3 pt hitch unit with 20" blades on 9" spacing with a 4" frame. My 5303 pulls it well.

/ Photo of my 5065e
I got a Woods DMH 6, paid $1550. It weighs. 890 lbs and has 20 notched blades spaced 7.5 inches apart. It cuts a 6 foot path and had gang adjustment angles of 0, 7, 14 and 21 degrees. The frame is 3x 3 tube steel with pins that go the frame and adjust easily. I really like it but do not consider it heavy duty. For my soil , sandy loam and clay loam it it great. I really like the "Everything Attachments" construction except for the angle adjustment mechanism. It features a threaded rod with handle for infinite adjustment which drives thru a "nut " welded on top of main frame. It could be fine but the "pin thru tube steel" is a superior design. I would be interested to know if anyone had had any failures of that welded nut. Other than that issue ( which may be fine) that unit seems heavy duty. It is about 2200 vs the. 1550 I paid. I am a structural Engineer and if I knew that joint was. "Designed" vs just built as "this seems like a cool idea", I would buy that unit.