Cabs for JD 1023/5/6 Series Tractors

/ Cabs for JD 1023/5/6 Series Tractors #1  

DeereMann

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 1026R
Members - anybody know the more common aftermarket cab makers for JD SCUT's? What I'm after is a removable winter weather enclosure. I searched the TBN sites for "cab" & "enclosure" but didn't really find a list.

I see Curtis has a premium cab (hard & soft side), CoverMyTractor a wrapper. Anything inbetween?

I miss my Curtis soft side cab on my JD 445, but not enough to go back from my new JD 1026R!

Thanks for any references or suggestions. :dance1:

P.S. I have an overhead gantry crane in my pole barn for removal & install.

/ Cabs for JD 1023/5/6 Series Tractors #2  
Members - anybody know the more common aftermarket cab makers for JD SCUT's? What I'm after is a removable winter weather enclosure. I searched the TBN sites for "cab" & "enclosure" but didn't really find a list.

I see Curtis has a premium cab (hard & soft side), CoverMyTractor a wrapper. Anything inbetween?

I miss my Curtis soft side cab on my JD 445, but not enough to go back from my new JD 1026R!

Thanks for any references or suggestions. :dance1:

P.S. I have an overhead gantry crane in my pole barn for removal & install.

Try Jo-Dale Perry. They may have what you want.

/ Cabs for JD 1023/5/6 Series Tractors #3  
Did you try Original cab? They list the 1 series and have a decent cab for a reasonable price.

Original Tractor Cab

/ Cabs for JD 1023/5/6 Series Tractors
Try Jo-Dale Perry. They may have what you want.

Thanks for suggestion Dapolksjj.....Jodale Perry's website shows only a hard cab for +60% more than Curtis soft cab. Appreciate that suggestion.

/ Cabs for JD 1023/5/6 Series Tractors #6  
No problem DeereMann, I bought an original cab in 1992 and my brother in-law still uses it. been a good cab.

I can't take it anymore!

After a month of 10 degree F below average temperature, nonstop wind, and higher than average snow, I ordered an Original Cab with lights, bells, whistles, etc.

That & my boys are too busy with school to clear the snow reliably.

Will post completion photo later.

P.S. - no doubt weather will warm up & no more snow. :irked:

/ Cabs for JD 1023/5/6 Series Tractors #8  
Look forward to seeing the pics.
What model no. (or link to it) did you order? Sounds interesting.

So far, I've been using a snowmobile helmet that really helps with the wind and driving snow.

Look forward to seeing the pics.
What model no. (or link to it) did you order? Sounds interesting.

So far, I've been using a snowmobile helmet that really helps with the wind and driving snow.

Google OriginalCab & you'll get the website. There is only one model, if I recall right. OriginalCab Co. only makes softside cabs for those of us that need to remove for the summer and are not rich!

Yeah, I been using ski goggles, but I still get cold & wet! Here in MN the wind blows constantly, and it swirls - does not just blow constant from one direction, so no matter how you set the chute discharge you get whacked with blown snow frequently without a cab. :cold:

/ Cabs for JD 1023/5/6 Series Tractors #10  
Ahhh! A snowblower.. that does make a difference. Good reason I use a blade .... 7' Western blade in high gear (HST tranny) and hunker down against the wind. Snow removal on 1/4 mile with three turnarounds in about 15 minutes to half hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj9i-ads1Ow