JD 3320 Error Code 06

/ JD 3320 Error Code 06 #1  

pokerboy57

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320
Folks,

This just started flashing on the display. So far it doesn't seem to affect the tractor other than the speedometer and cruise control are not working correctly. I've read the owners manual so I understand what Error 06 relates too.

My question is has anyone else had this happen and how much did it cost you for the dealer to repair it /

/ JD 3320 Error Code 06 #2  
My 4720 did that a couple of years ago and it was the MFWD sensor, it is located on the left side under the seat if you are in driving position. I thought I had a picture but I am having trouble finding it, but if you replace it hydraulic fluid will be above the sensor so park tractor so it leans away and do it quickly.

Last edited:
   / JD 3320 Error Code 06 #3  
Here is a picture of the MFWD sensor, it is the one held in by a bolt.

Attachments

• 4720 Sensor 010 (Large).jpg
    4720 Sensor 010 (Large).jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 3,649
   / JD 3320 Error Code 06 #4  
Just hope it's the connector. When I took mine if for the Err06, the dealer hit me up for over $400. The switch itself was an inflated $85, the rest was "labor"

//greg//

/ JD 3320 Error Code 06
thanks I'll take a look for it on my 3320.

/ JD 3320 Error Code 06
Happy ending ! I purchased a new MFWD sensor for $80.00. 10 minutes to change out the old one and no more erro code 06 and the cruise control is working as it should be. Now I can repurpose the other $400 for something like a new pistol.....

My next adventure will either be the sticky parking break or the headlight harness. I'm not sure which one I'm up for.

/ JD 3320 Error Code 06 #7  
When I get that code, I know a stick has pulled the connector apart. Happened 3 times now.
Need to make a protective pan for Hydro pedal and sensor wires/connectors on that side.

/ JD 3320 Error Code 06 #8  
My 3320 first lost reverse but I could make it back up by hitting the reverse pedal twice. Now it will not move in either forward or reverse. It did not show error code 06 until it stopped working.