hst pedal sticking

/ hst pedal sticking #1  

jfakerj

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 4300HST 4x4
I spent about 2 hrs under the tractor today trying to find out what was making the forward hst pedal stick. After getting off to a bad start-reaching up from under the tractor and pushing down on the pedal I tipped my coffee cup over and since I was directly under it, guess were it went. After a few choice words at myself I checked all the conections, greased fittings and put lithium grease on all pivot points. No change. The pedal was still sticking. I thought I'd drive the thing for a while and see if that would loosen things up with all the new grease and all. Nota. No change. Then I notice the floor mat was catching on the pedal arm when it was depressed. I depressed the pedal at the same time holding the floor mat down and the pedal seems to work great. I'll trim a little of the floor met away tomarrow and everything should be fine. I guess the grease really didn't hurt anything either. It needed it anyway, but I don't know about 2 hrs worth.

Jerry

/ hst pedal sticking #2  
Jerry,
It always seems to be the little things we over look at first..been there. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

You spilt your coffee /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif and add insult to injury on yourself /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gifyep I too would have *&^%$@ couple of times. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Hope the cure works.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ hst pedal sticking #4  
Notice how all of us sympathize with the coffee spill rather than the "quality" time learning about your tractor /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif.
I did the exact same thing yesterday while running a wire to the new light I mounted on my snowblower... the worst part was then having to lay in it /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif.

<font color=green>mark</font color=green>
markcg_sig.gif

/ hst pedal sticking #5  
You've now learned one of life's little lessons that we all learn in our own time and place. Whenever working on anything, always keep your coffee or beer safe and secure.

Glad the solution to the sticking HST pedal was an easy fix. Sounds like you fix things the way I do......eliminate the tough solutions one by one until the easy one becomes apparant.

Bob Pence