1025r - Diverter valve install for hydraulic lift

/ 1025r - Diverter valve install for hydraulic lift #1  

PsRumors

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L45
This is to document the installation of John Deere kit LVB26207 which is a diverter valve and oil line kit to make the hydraulic lift independent of the loader valve. A momentary switch is installed on the dash and when it is pressed the deck rises.

For my application, a tractor with power beyond, required ordering line LVA18446. This oil line took a little better than 3 weeks to come in at the store. It does not seem to be readily available yet.

It took about 6 hours to install leisurely working and trying to take pictures.

Right wheel comes off

Engine side covers come off so that you will have access to the wiring harness that inside the dash.

Lower dash cover is removed

Knobs removed, the drop rate knob has a 3mm allen head set screw. The deck height adjustment knob pulls off

The side covers next to the seat come off. Be careful and don't lose the spacers.

Cover below the seat comes off (you can get a peak at my custom rate seat springs)

Floorboard is removed

Fender gets removed. Instructions say to pull the fender over the rockshaft lever knob. It does work but is a tight fit. Take your time and be careful.

This brace gets removed even though the instructions don't mention it.

You will want to disconnect the damper here and just let it hang, again, the instructions don't mention it.

Just a random shot of what was removed

The diverter valve. Orientation of the fittings is important

You can see the valve peaking out from under the tractor

From below the tractor

Don't forget the orifice. It goes between the hose and the lift cylinder. Be careful tightening the hose as it can spit the o-ring rather easily causing you to have to locate another. Tractor supply sells them.

I traced all the lines in red. It's hard to depict where they all go but it is one of those things, once you are there you can figure it out.

Notice the placement of the wiring harness as compared to the new lines. It takes a little practice to get the lines in here but they do wind their way through.

Lines connected at the valve.

The switch. There is a harness right behind the switch that plugs right in. On the opposite side of the dash there is another plug that the harness from the valve plugs into.

This schematic taken from the "build your own tool" on the JD website helped with what should be connected to what.

/ 1025r - Diverter valve install for hydraulic lift #2  
Thanks for posting this very detailed addition to your tractor.

/ 1025r - Diverter valve install for hydraulic lift #3  
good job , if all instructions where like this would make things a lot easier / have you contacted jd for a job.:drink:

/ 1025r - Diverter valve install for hydraulic lift
To update the thread;

The only thing I didn't like about the lift is the switch placement. Stock location puts the switch in front of the left knee on the dash, where the knockout is located. This makes operating the lift and deck height adjustment knob cumbersome. The operator must reach across the body to press the switch with the right hand while operating the deck height knob with the left.

Stock location

IMG_4591_zps8f9e7ecd.jpg

To correct the issue I cut a hole between the PTO switch and steering wheel, moved the PTO switch closer to the steering wheel and put the lift switch where the PTO switch was located.

This is the initial hole. From here I hand filed the plastic to make sure the hole was just right.

IMG_20140106_192716_523_zpsacwrai6a.jpg

IMG_20140106_200033_191_zpsklrwk7k6.jpg

/ 1025r - Diverter valve install for hydraulic lift #5  
Thanks, great detail. I'm somewhat surprised that was the solution JD engineers went with.

Deere has several different options for the deck lift. I kind of like this one as the deck is completely independent of all other controls and circuits.

Options Deere offers for lifting the deck;

Mechanical - this is the standard option and the deck is raised and lowered by the 3 pt lift

Hydraulic - a few different options - the lift cylinder can be plumbed to the loader SCV and controlled from the loader stick. The quick disconnect hose plugs into the curl function and must be disconnected when using the loader. It can also be plumbed to a 3rd SCV but the 3rd SCV is not compatible with the power beyond kit. And then this thread shows the other option, putting the deck on its own circuit.

Seems Deere has an offering to suit whatever unique situation one may have.

/ 1025r - Diverter valve install for hydraulic lift #7  
Nice install.
Where does the hose from the cylinder connect?

Nice install.
Where does the hose from the cylinder connect?

Ha....I missed that step didn't I?

The hose from the cylinder connects to the diverter valve. In the picture of the diverter valve mounted you can barely see the fitting for the hose. It is next to the wiring.

/ 1025r - Diverter valve install for hydraulic lift #9  
Is there a new cylinder hose in the kit?

Is there a new cylinder hose in the kit?

Yep. Everything is included unless you have power beyond. Power beyond equipped tractors require an additional hard line that is about $35.