Installed single point on 1025r

/ Installed single point on 1025r #1  

PsRumors

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L45
I can't take credit for the idea, another user on another forum did this first. I purchased the John Deere PN Bw16074 single point and installed.

There isn't much to tell about the install as it pretty easy. I still want to tweak the mounting bracket some to bring it a little closer in to the operators platform and also plan to cut down the handle by about half. No need to have it so long.

This really is how these tractors should come. It is a great addition and so much better than the quick connects.

Sorry for the sorry cell phone pictures but the wife has the good camera

I used the factory hoses and had them cut and new ends added. The ends were right at $150 installed and the single point was $240.

IMG_20131121_130740_747_zpse810e6b0.jpg

IMG_20131121_131726_378_zps65a5120c.jpg

IMG_20131121_133605_119_zpsd2f78bad.jpg

IMG_20131121_133554_730_zpsc8477f10.jpg

IMG_20131121_131523_083_zps9844801c.jpg

/ Installed single point on 1025r
Finally put together a video of the single point quick connect operation

/ Installed single point on 1025r #3  
I like it -- very nice. Wonder what the kit cost to buy and install. I've only seen this option once on large utility tractor. Maybe some day it will be a standard feature on tractors.

There is no kit per se. I have just shy of $400 in the kit and having the hoses cut and fittings installed. While it probably seems high, I like it so much better than dealing with the individual quick connects.

/ Installed single point on 1025r #5  
Hello. I know this is an old thread, but have a couple questions. Awesome job by the way on the pictures and video! Can you provide a part number / price paid for the SPQD mechanism? Do the brackets come with it? Does it have any kind of dust protection / cover when not connected? I see a couple downsides, but I don't think they would necessarily deter me. It appears to make it difficult to get to the loader unlock block where the SPQD is mounted. Also, it looks like it could be somewhat of a 'barnacle' hanging to the side. I'd be curious if either of these thoughts have crossed your mind since you have "real world" experience. I really like the concept and considering doing this. I know it only takes a few seconds to connect / disconnect the hydraulics, but boy it's a painful few seconds!!

Hello. I know this is an old thread, but have a couple questions. Awesome job by the way on the pictures and video! Can you provide a part number / price paid for the SPQD mechanism? Do the brackets come with it? Does it have any kind of dust protection / cover when not connected? I see a couple downsides, but I don't think they would necessarily deter me. It appears to make it difficult to get to the loader unlock block where the SPQD is mounted. Also, it looks like it could be somewhat of a 'barnacle' hanging to the side. I'd be curious if either of these thoughts have crossed your mind since you have "real world" experience. I really like the concept and considering doing this. I know it only takes a few seconds to connect / disconnect the hydraulics, but boy it's a painful few seconds!!

The price I paid is in the original post, $240 and the PN is Bw16074. My understanding is John Deere PN Bw16074 has been discontinued and the replacement part is $700. The bracket did come with it.

I have had no issue catching the quick connect with anything. It is tucked close enough to the tractor that it has not been an issue. I would do it all over again for the prices I paid, not sure I would do it at the new prices.