Battery Maintainers

/ Battery Maintainers #11  
This is the latest one I've added to my collection. Ctek 3300

CTEK Multi US 3300 - CTEK Battery Chargers

I like that it is compact (relative to output current), very well sealed for outdoor use, and has a cold weather mode that bumps the voltage up (same setting is used for AGM batteries at normal temperatures).

I might not leave it connected for 6 months straight at a time, but I consider it friendly enough to leave connected for long periods at a time.

You can find it on sale for no more than half of list price. Rgds, D.

P.S. - old thread on Ctek, etc.... :

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/owning-operating/270368-ip65-plug-n-forget-battery.html

I leave my CTEK's and Battery Tenders on 24/7 continuously on my Jeep GC, garden tractor and 8kw generator. And previously on my 1990 Nissan 300ZX TT with 90k miles on it. Never an issue. These are well regulated and do not boil the water out of the batteries.

/ Battery Maintainers #14  
I don't know if this is wrong, but I have been maintaining 2 pairs of vehicles with 2 maintainers. I just hook jumper cables between them. I have done it the previous 2 winters and had no problems.
Dave

/ Battery Maintainers #15  
I don't know if this is wrong, but I have been maintaining 2 pairs of vehicles with 2 maintainers. I just hook jumper cables between them. I have done it the previous 2 winters and had no problems.
Dave

As long as the batteries are the same capacity, this is fine. If the batteries have very different capacity, you can get problems.

/ Battery Maintainers #16  
As long as the batteries are the same capacity, this is fine. If the batteries have very different capacity, you can get problems.

I'll second what JB said. Doing that with my 7.3 and Honda wouldn't be prudent.

Jumper cables battery-terminals-to-battery-terminals is pretty reliable. On modern vehicles, cigarette-lighter-(or whatever the pc term is today ;) ) to-cigarette-lighter cables can create headaches for long term maintaining, as sometimes there are electronic controls in these lighter socket (ie. vehicle side) circuits that create headaches.

Yeah.... got the Tshirt the hard way..... :rolleyes:

Rgds, D.

Last edited:
   / Battery Maintainers #18  
I have seven of the battery tender Jr's and so far all are working great.

/ Battery Maintainers #20  
I would go with the Battery Tender Plus, been using it for about 4 years. no problems