2210/2305 front weight rack

/ 2210/2305 front weight rack #1  

ovrszd

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9540, Ford 3910FWD, Ford 555A, JD2210
I've got a Quick Hitch front blade for my JD2210. I also use my JD2210 with a Quick Hitch and Tote Box to haul wood into my Shop. I got tired of sitting on the hood to keep the front axle on the ground so I built a weight rack that my QH front blade mechanism can pick up. In the Fall I add the front blade hardware and QH. Leave the blade off and use the lift bracket to pick up the weight rack. I've got 330lbs of suitcase weights on the rack. Solves the problem and I never have to lift weights off and on to use or not use the front blade. Built the rack out of stuff I had laying in the iron pile. Yeah, I'm lazy and cheap....

/ 2210/2305 front weight rack #2  
I would not consider that to be lazy or cheap. It looks good to me.

I do have one question. Why not build a fire wood hauler for the front to balance out the rear? More wood per trip and no unnecessary added weight on the front when returning empty for more wood.

/ 2210/2305 front weight rack #3  
DT86 That is clever!!

/ 2210/2305 front weight rack
Yeah, very clever. Derek is like that!!! I'll see how bored I get this Winter. Might be the next project!!! :)

/ 2210/2305 front weight rack #6  
How ya gonna see with that much wood hangin off the front ? :) How did you reach the go pedal sitting on the hood ? Lazy and cheap beats back problems anyday . Nice build .

/ 2210/2305 front weight rack
First time my Wife saw me sitting on the hood she gave me that "hands on the hips, negative shaking head" look. You guys know the look I'm talking about..... :ashamed: