4720 Backhoe

/ 4720 Backhoe #1  

jcalla

Silver Member
Tractor
4720, 455
I have a 2010 4720 with power beyond. I would like to purchase a 3 pont hitch backhoe attachment for this tractor. My question: What would be the largest model/size 3 point hitch backhoe attachment that this tractor have enough power to operate properly?

JPC

/ 4720 Backhoe #2  
Can't give any advise on a three point hitch backhoe other than don't get one!
Get a frame mounted BH for your 4720. They work very well and transfer the stress of the BH properly to the tractor.

Deere makes a very nice one for the 4720 as do some other manufacturers.

/ 4720 Backhoe #3  
If you are willing to drive or have it shipped I see barely used Deere backhoes for the 4x20 machines (and others) pretty often for sale.
I reckon it is one of those things that people buy and use for a project or two and/or realize they don't use it that often and sell.

/ 4720 Backhoe #4  
Can't give any advise on a three point hitch backhoe other than don't get one!
Get a frame mounted BH for your 4720. They work very well and transfer the stress of the BH properly to the tractor.

Deere makes a very nice one for the 4720 as do some other manufacturers.

I would concur, don't get the 3 point system, get the frame mounted backhoe. Most of the used ones are the 3 points, hum...

/ 4720 Backhoe #5  
I have a 4500 and i have the older model of the backhoe a 48 and it is attached right to the tractor and i love it. It has a lot of power and it works great. I would get the new model 485 bh and get it mounted to the tractor.