Snow JD 59" snowblower shoot cable

/ JD 59" snowblower shoot cable #1  

Forrest1357

Tractor
John Deere 3720
I took my new last year but only has. 30 hours snowblower out last week and after 5 minutes the center cable pulley snapped right off the bolt that goes into the hydraulic rod. I see these pulleys slide back and forth on the rod and am trying to figure out why this may have happened. Last year this snowblower worked perfectly. There are no grease fittings below the bottom pulley. I could have taken it In for warranty but I'm working long hours and to have them pick it up would have cost more than to replace the parts myself. I just font want it to happen again so I'm wondering what I can do to avoid this issue again.

/ JD 59" snowblower shoot cable #2  
check bushing or bearings?

/ JD 59" snowblower shoot cable #4  
I recall someone else having the same problem due to water/snow freezing in the slots where the chute rotates. So, I lube the chute slots on my six year old 59 blower and always check it for free play prior to using it. Haven't had a problem.

/ JD 59" snowblower shoot cable
Thanks everyone. Got the parts, installed, lubed the heck out of it and so far so good. I gotta believe a stone or something got caught because the center bolt on the center pulleys was bent in half. I had everything lubed pretty darn good.