2210 brake pedals???

/ 2210 brake pedals??? #1  

KENSFM

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 2210 JD318 JD332
Hi, just took delivery of my 2210, great little machine. Noticed on the CAUTION sticker below the steering wheel step 14 which says to "Couple brake pedals together for road travel". My machine only has one brake pedal. Is this a JD error which may be a carryover from most farm tractors? Also the manual appears to be poorly written with lots of errors. One page lists the air pressure for the rear tires as 12 PSI and another has 22 PSI. Which is correct? JD you can do better than this. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Any comments, Ken.

/ 2210 brake pedals??? #2  
I will have to check my 2210, but yes there is just one brake pedal and certainly no way to couple them together!

On the tire pressure...right after I got mine I checked the pressure and it was generally around 18-20PSI per tire. I have been running them all at 22PSI due to using my FEL frequently.

12 PSI would give a smoother ride but probably not provide enough support (at least in front) for the loader. I can't imagine running only 12 PSI for the loader, even at 22 the front tires "squish" a little bit when the bucket is full of something heavy.

Where did you find 12PSI in the owner's manual? I find 22PSI listed in the specs as well as the operating section.

Also in my loader manaul it says to run the front tires 4PSI HIGHER than "the pressure recommended for heavy front-mounted equipment". Whether this is 22 or 26 PSI is anyone's guess!!!!!!!!!

I agree the manuals could be better.

/ 2210 brake pedals???
The question I have is on the rear tire pressure. Page 67 of the manual in the specifications section lists the maximum rear tire inflation pressure as 12 PSI. This does not look correct to me. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Ken

/ 2210 brake pedals??? #4  
The 2210 manual needs work. Mine is missing illustrations on pages 48+49, just gray boxes where the illustrations should be. The gray box on page 49 even has the callouts but no graphic.

/ 2210 brake pedals??? #5  
I agree that the manual for the 2210 needs work. As far as tire pressure goes, 22psi is a tad low for the fronts with heavy FEL loads. 26psi is about right. The rears should be inflated to the point that the bars have full contact. That varies with weight. Too low of pressure could cause the rims to turn and not the tires!

/ 2210 brake pedals??? #6  
I ruined a front tire by underinflation on my 4300 with fel. The manual called for 22 lbs and I ran 26 lbs. The tire manufacturer recommends 32 to 35 in the front when using the fel.