John deere 2520 snowplow modified

/ John deere 2520 snowplow modified #1  

brewers11

Tractor
John Deere 2520
Just finished my snowplow project. I have a deere 2520 outfitted with a 200cx loader. I purchased a used deere 375 blade assembly and cut the frame just behind where the cylinders are mounted. Welded a frame out of 4 inch C channel and 1/4 inch plate steel. Ordered quick attach loader parts from john deere and ran the hydraulic line back the seat control valve.

The loader up and down functions remain the same. Left and right are done with curl and dump functions of the valve. On the loader arms I bolted a 2 inch flat bar using 4 inch bolts to disable the curl and dump cylinder.

video can be found on youtube "john deere 2520 snowplow"... user name scott brewer.

/ John deere 2520 snowplow modified #2  
Nice job Brewers, now you just need the diverter kit from Artillian so you can get your curl control back: Hydraulic Products

/ John deere 2520 snowplow modified #3  
Kenny

I have a plow for my 430 loader and I have just been adjusting it manually. I was going to go off of the power beyond and use a spare valve I had for a woodsplitter. But that looks a lot cleaner and easier. I have only used the plow once so far and I like it, but it would be nice to stay seated too. Good work

/ John deere 2520 snowplow modified #4  
Nice job Brewers, now you just need the diverter kit from Artillian so you can get your curl control back: Hydraulic Products

The kit looks really nice but the price is a lot to swallow. I'm thinking about a loader plow at some point. How much of a necessity/advantage is the curl function for a snow plow?

/ John deere 2520 snowplow modified #5  
Kenny

I have a plow for my 430 loader and I have just been adjusting it manually. I was going to go off of the power beyond and use a spare valve I had for a woodsplitter. But that looks a lot cleaner and easier. I have only used the plow once so far and I like it, but it would be nice to stay seated too. Good work

There will be a simular kit for the 300c/cx as well as the 420/430 loaders in the future.

Any need for a grapple? This kit is perfect for that as well.

/ John deere 2520 snowplow modified #6  
The kit looks really nice but the price is a lot to swallow. I'm thinking about a loader plow at some point. How much of a necessity/advantage is the curl function for a snow plow?

I think its a very fair prices for all that it includes. One of the great advantages to a FEL plow is the ability to stack snow high or push tall piles back, its kind of hard to do that if the plow is pointed at the sky.

/ John deere 2520 snowplow modified
the only advantage i've found so far would be the ability to adjust the angle of the plow, It's perpedicular when lowered completely to the ground, but maybe for scraping ice or gravel it could be tilted (curled) forward slightly. I looking at it now, I have enought room on the 2" flat stock to drill another hole and adjust the angle of plow. It was nice to angle from the seat and the most expensive part was the hoses and fittings. I really didn't want to mess with cylinders or hoses on the loader so I ran new all the way out to the plow