John deere 440 skidder stalls out

/ John deere 440 skidder stalls out #1  

peteauction1

Tractor
JD 440
I am not a mechanic but have some general knowledge as I spent 20 years growing up on a farm, I recently bought a JD 440 skidder for a project, has strong hydraulics & motor but stalls out after 3 - 6 minutes of running. I start the machine run for time, ideal or full throttle will run strong then just shut down as if running out of fuel. I cracked bleeder screws on top of filter bleed out then cracked line at injection pump gave light wif of either machine started and ran strong for 6 minutes and stalled out again. Replaced bleeder screws on top of filters as they are plastic and seemed striped then replaced primer pump bled system and machine started and ran for time again then stalled out.

Thanks
Mike

/ John deere 440 skidder stalls out #2  
Check fuel return line to be sure it isn't plugged and also check that tank vent is open. Try running engine with no fuel cap on the tank.

/ John deere 440 skidder stalls out
Tx Jim

upon inspection of return and supply line found bee in supply line at elbow inspected the tank and found many more dead ones inside the cap must have been left off at some time. Ran form external can off fuel for 2 hours no problems will now remove and clean tank and lines

Thanks

/ John deere 440 skidder stalls out #4  
I'm glad you found your fuel problem.