I NEED HELP LOCATING THE SOURCE OF A BACKGROUND NOISE coming from my JD 110 TLB

/ I NEED HELP LOCATING THE SOURCE OF A BACKGROUND NOISE coming from my JD 110 TLB #1  

DocDryden

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 110 TLB
I need help locating the source of a very faint noise that I hear coming from my JD 110 TLB.
Any help would be appreciated.

THE NOISE IS:

Faint, background noise, sounds like marbles in a tin can, not constant
Seems to be coming from steering wheel
Only noticeable from the operator seat
Not affected by the RPM.
Noticeable only after engine is warm.
Noticeable whether tractor is moving or still.

/ I NEED HELP LOCATING THE SOURCE OF A BACKGROUND NOISE coming from my JD 110 TLB #2  
Turn the steering wheel all the way to the stops and listen. Report back please.

/ I NEED HELP LOCATING THE SOURCE OF A BACKGROUND NOISE coming from my JD 110 TLB
Turn the steering wheel all the way to the stops and listen. Report back please.

I have turned the steering wheel all the way to the right and the left no change. The noise is the same.

/ I NEED HELP LOCATING THE SOURCE OF A BACKGROUND NOISE coming from my JD 110 TLB #4  
remove fuse panel cover look up above you should see steel hydro lines their is a bracket that goes across back side of those lines if bolts came loose it touches lines causing a rattle sound ?

/ I NEED HELP LOCATING THE SOURCE OF A BACKGROUND NOISE coming from my JD 110 TLB #5  
could it be air in the lines?

/ I NEED HELP LOCATING THE SOURCE OF A BACKGROUND NOISE coming from my JD 110 TLB #6  
get a 4 foot length of garden hose ( or heater hose ) put one end to your ear, probe with the other ... eventually you will get closer to the noise ....

/ I NEED HELP LOCATING THE SOURCE OF A BACKGROUND NOISE coming from my JD 110 TLB
could it be air in the lines?

I replaced 2 power steering lines / hoses back in November and I added a backblade with hydraulic cylinder in December, yes there was a lot of air in the hydraulic system.
I would think that all the air is out of the hydraulic system by now, but maybe not.

get a 4 foot length of garden hose ( or heater hose ) put one end to your ear, probe with the other ... eventually you will get closer to the noise ....

Thanks the garden worked great. The closer I got to the steering wheel the louder the noise got.

remove fuse panel cover look up above you should see steel hydro lines their is a bracket that goes across back side of those lines if bolts came loose it touches lines causing a rattle sound ?

I think this could be it, it's so d** cold out. I'm going to wait until the weather gets a little warmer before I look in to that.
(As long as the steering does not go out! )

Thanks for all the help, I will keep you all informed as to how it goes.

Now that the weather is a little warmer. I thought I would take a look at my 110 and see what's making all that noise.
I checked the bracket that goes across back of the steering control valve, it's tight.
It sounds like the noise is coming right from the power steering control valve it's self. (I think it's getting ready to go out)
I'm afraid to check on the price of a new one.
I just hope that the steering valve last a while. Thanks For all the help...