Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 850 & 4310

Default Wheel spacers on a JD 4310.......Anyone?

Just wondering if anyone has put rear wheel spacers on a 4310 and if so what is your opinion. I'm considering getting a set of 3" spacers to put on the back of mine.

I use the tractor mainly for mowing and snow removal and my place is predominately flat, but out by the road it's a different story.

I've got six lug R-4's and I measure about 58" outside tire width as it sits so an extra 6" would put me around 64". Wider than my bucket but I doubt I will ever be digging trenches. My rear mower is 72" so no problems there I don't think.

Anyway just wondering if anyone has put wheel spacers on a similar tractor and wanted to get an opinion. Also where did you order them from? I did read through some of the other wheel spacer threads on here but the ones that I saw were on bigger tractors.

Thanks

Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 850 & 4310

I just got a quote from one of the vendors on here (Motorsport tech) for $320 including shipping and they anodize them black.

Seems pretty reasonable for piece of mind, assuming they work like I'm expecting.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    JD 4310 eHydro,

Default Re: Wheel spacers on a JD 4310.......Anyone?

There are a lot of threads on wheel spacers it you use the search feature. I see to recall on one of them they said the 4310 and Bobcat skid steers were the same bolt pattern. eBay had lots to choose from. Just another place to look.

Tractor
    JD 110 TLB

Tractor
    JD 3720 Cab, JD 4320, Kubota M110X Cab, Kubota ZD331-72, Kubota RTV-X1100C

Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 850 & 4310

Thanks for the links and the eBay suggestion. I ended up ordering them from Motorsport tech. I did see a lot on eBay (mostly 8 lug) but wasn't 100% sure the 6 lugs that I was looking at would fit. I ended up going with 3" spacers and they should be here in a couple weeks. I'm looking forward to trying them out.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    JD 4310 eHydro,

Lets see them when you get them installed.

Tractor
    JD 3720 Cab, JD 4320, Kubota M110X Cab, Kubota ZD331-72, Kubota RTV-X1100C

I spray painted my spacers with John Deere yellow paint prior to installing and you would not know they are there. Also used loctite on all lugs to keep them from working loose.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 850 & 4310

I thought about showing some pics comparing one side to the other once I put one side on there. I probably will since I'm not doing much else just yet. Mowing season, baseball, 4H, etc has not kicked in just yet.

Motorsport tech is going to anodize the spacers black for me (no extra charge) to match the tractor and I am planning on using the blue loctite. I think they anodize other colors too but black will match my axles.

I looked at the tractor and even with spacers I think the front wheels should still track in line with the rears. I'm not sure why that even matters but I'm glad that they will... for some reason.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 850 & 4310

Well, so far one thing that I can tell you if you order from Motorsport tech is don't expect to get your wheel spacers quick. They said a week to ten days when I ordered them over two weeks ago on march 4th.

I called them yesterday and they said they would ship them out at the end of this week (I doubt it) or the beginning of next week (I also doubt it).

I'm really in no hurry for them but I hate, hate, hate being told something and then having to wait what I think is a considerably longer amount of time.

Rant over

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast