loader mounted snow blade

/ loader mounted snow blade #1  

jdboy4410

Bronze Member
Tractor
john deere 4410,1962 Gravely L model,Gravely Commercial 10,multiple attachments,and JD x320
I just picked up a Curtis 72" snow plow for my 4410.It has the quick attach for the loader.This is a plow that was bought and never used,and it was intended to be used on a 4320 that had a 400x loader on it,no issues with fitting it to my loader as far as fitment.My question is,am I going to have to put another remote on the tractor to operate the power angle ? I was hoping I could use the joy stick for the loader,and originally thought I could use the curl function to operate the cylinders for the power angle,but after looking at it yesterday,I don't think that will work.I don't know anyone local that has a blade mounted on their loader locally so I can't get a look to see how the cylinders are being controlled.I did look at the JD parts catalog,but that doesn't help me as their snow blade is attached without the loader. Anyone have this type of set up ? pictures maybe ? The plow has two lines that look as if they were to be attached onto the loader about where the curl cylinders are mounted.Any help appreciated.

/ loader mounted snow blade #2  
Search the term "diverter", it is the most cost effective way for your machine unless you can still find the rear remote 3rd SCV kit on eBay to fit you machine, then just run long 1/4" hoses from rear to the front. You have the 420 or 430 loader?

Artillian sells plug-n-play diverter kits, but not for the older loaders yet, working on that: Artillian Tractor Attachments
The valve's are available separately as well if you want to brew you own setup.

/ loader mounted snow blade
I have the 430 loader

/ loader mounted snow blade #4  
I came across a thread here today in the hydraulics forum about brewing your own electric over hydraulic 3rd function. Personally, I'd rather go that route as for me I'd find needing to kick the diverter in and out disruptive to my workflow.

Whichever route you choose, you'll find having that set of lines useful for more than your plow. Grapple is exceptionally useful and I use the one on my little Satoh frequently.

/ loader mounted snow blade #5  
I came across a thread here today in the hydraulics forum about brewing your own electric over hydraulic 3rd function. Personally, I'd rather go that route as for me I'd find needing to kick the diverter in and out disruptive to my workflow.

Whichever route you choose, you'll find having that set of lines useful for more than your plow. Grapple is exceptionally useful and I use the one on my little Satoh frequently.

I've had a diverter setup for about 6 years, once you get used to it there is no disruption of workflow at all. Some small tractors couldn't even do the two or three functions at the same time anyway do to the low flow available.

The diverter is easier on most JD's since the SCV/loader valve is made onto the transmission, so there are no external power beyond hoses to tap into easily.

/ loader mounted snow blade #6  
I'm frequently either lifting while closing or dumping the grapple back while opening. The diverter for me wouldn't work well. Can't say it won't work for somebody else as you're obviously using it to your satisfaction which really is what matters. If I were only using it for a snow plow I might think differently.

/ loader mounted snow blade #7  
I added a snow plow to my loader and I installed a 3rd function. Check the hydraulics section for some good ideas.

/ loader mounted snow blade #8  
I have a Curtis blade on a JD 4710. On my set-up the tilt function hoses of the loader are unhooked and the hoses for the blade angle are hooked into the tilt outlets. A chain hooks onto the loader frame to keep the blade from tilting forward.

/ loader mounted snow blade #9  
On my iPad tonight - tried to link a previous post that has pix of tractor & blade - and couldn't get it done.

Search for JD 2305 Curtis snow blade topic by gas passer. Should be third result.