Mowing 1026R Wheel Spacers?

/ 1026R Wheel Spacers? #1  

DeereMann

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 1026R
Members,

Has anyone added wheel spacers to John Deere's 1000 Series SCUT Tractors? (1026R, 1023, 1025)

Mowing on some of my slopes is a bit dicey, I am wondering if there is an aftermarket kit that would help. I looked in Attachments Menus, but the recommended vendor stopped at the 2000 Series tractors.

Any help is much appreciated! I am adding a slope gauge too.

P.S. - I am thinking happy spring thoughts during this extended snow & cold winter! :rolleyes:

/ 1026R Wheel Spacers? #2  
JD sells, or did sell, a wheel spacer for the all-wheel-steer garden tractors so they could put on tire chains. I think? it may fit on the 1000 series.

/ 1026R Wheel Spacers? #3  
Check with Bro Tek, we got some for our JD2305.

/ 1026R Wheel Spacers?

Thanks TripleR & bigtiller.

Now why didn't I think to simply contact them?

einstein.jpg

The Polar Vortex gots my brain! (6 degrees with howling wind....again)

pauldouglas_1388973672_meso2.jpg

/ 1026R Wheel Spacers?

OK, I got with Richard from Bro-Tek & he still makes spacers for 2305/1000's. Thanks for the reference.

On another thread, member 'etcallhome' indicated the tractor's tapered wheel lug bolts aren't long enough to accommodate the extra thickness from the spacer mounting hole base, so he dug out a longer tapered lug bolt from Deere p/n LVU19960. Now Deere Parts Catalogue says the bolt is no longer available.

:mur:

I PM'd 'et' to see if he knows something more.

Last edited:
   / 1026R Wheel Spacers? #7  
Thanks, let me know what you find out, we have installed spacers on our BX's, but not on the 2305.

/ 1026R Wheel Spacers?
Thanks, let me know what you find out, we have installed spacers on our BX's, but not on the 2305.

OK - I'm much smarter now. Confirming 'etcallhome' info, JD 2305 tractor has 7/16 inch dia. (english system) tapered lug bolts, HD 1000 series tractors have M12 x 1.25 pitch x 20.770mm long (metric system) tapered lug bolts. So - not only are the 1000 series lug bolts too short to re-use with spacers, the 2305 spacer kit replacement bolts have incorrect threads for the 1000 series - though i know some guys try to cross thread these. I won't. Not on a primary structural assembly.

So, the Bro-Tek kit will likely work with the 2305, but not the replacement tractor, 1000 series.

Deere discontinued the longer bolt that would have worked. I don't know how much longer the bolt needs to be, the Bro-Tek spacers don't have dimensions for added bolt boss thickness. 'etcallhome' said the former Deere replacement bolts worked @ 27mm thd length.

I googled around, and found a replacement on eBay that should work....

Heat Treated 12x1 25 Wheel Rim Lug Bolt 20 29mm Shank Acorn Seat 12x1 25x29 | eBay

What a hassle for a simple upgrade!

/ 1026R Wheel Spacers? #9  
OK, I guess I am good to go on setting ours up for the mowing this year; hope yours works for you.

/ 1026R Wheel Spacers?
Update from Bro-Tek...........

"You are correct in your statements, we have since sold many more of these & we now supply the M12 bolts (see attach photos)
The spaces will be the 7/16, but everything bolts up with the supplied lug bolts."

And so - it seems Bro-Tek has updated the Deere Model 2305 Tractor Rear Wheel Spacer Kit for the 1000 Series Tractor to include the correct wheel bolts (M12 instead 7/16" on the 2305).

I'm placing my order!