Tick, Tick, Tick noise after use of John Deere 250 skid steer

/ Tick, Tick, Tick noise after use of John Deere 250 skid steer #1  

macecase

Bronze Member
Tractor
1965 John Deere 3020 Diesel and 1975 John Deere 4630 Diesel
I just finished tilling a 1 acre garden with a attachment on my skid steer. After completing, a ticking noise is coming from the arms on the skid steer. Specifically, on the right arm. It is a tick about every 10 seconds.

it sounds similar to my Ford F 250 after I get done driving it. I believe that sound comes from the metal in the exhaust cooling down.

has anybody ever experienced this? I just want to make sure nothing is wrong. I have owned this for many years and haven't ever experienced it. Also, I have not worked this hard before.

the hydraulic lines run along that arm.

/ Tick, Tick, Tick noise after use of John Deere 250 skid steer #2  
It sounds like the boom is just settling and "ticking" it's way down. Is the implement all the way down? Try lowering it all the way down, shut it down, and activate the lift and curl circuits to bleed any residual pressure. See if it does it then.

/ Tick, Tick, Tick noise after use of John Deere 250 skid steer
Ah, that makes sense! No, the implement is raised. I raise the booms and typically lock them out when I turn off the engine. This time, I did not lock them out and just left be implemented raised. Your suggestion makes perfect sense.