When I start my J/D GT245 the the mower blades under the deck start operating. They c

/ When I start my J/D GT245 the the mower blades under the deck start operating. They c #1  

torgep22

Tractor
John Deere GT245
When I start my J/D GT245 the the mower blades under the deck start operating. They continue to run weather the PTO switch is on or off. I was mowing a couple of days ago, went to cut the PTO off and the mower blades continued to run. Before that everything ran normal. Any help in solving this probem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

/ When I start my J/D GT245 the the mower blades under the deck start operating. They c #2  
Sounds like the PTO switch behind the dash is stuck in the on position. take it off and clean it with some electrical contact cleaner/spray. If that doesn't do it, check the PTO wire going to the PTO and make sure it is getting a good contact with the prong on the PTO. It may need cleaning off as well.

/ When I start my J/D GT245 the the mower blades under the deck start operating. They c #3  
are they spinning at normal speed or slower.will machine start after you shut it off ?

/ When I start my J/D GT245 the the mower blades under the deck start operating. They c
They are spinning at normal speed when running. I can control the speed with the gas throttle, but they still spin. Yes the machine will start aftershut off, but the blades start spinning as soon as it is started. It is like not having any contol of the blades running with or without the PTO switch on or off

/ When I start my J/D GT245 the the mower blades under the deck start operating. They c
I will try cleaning the PTO parts and let you know. Thanks