Backhoe Jd 410b stalls, sluggish no power excessive fuel use

/ Jd 410b stalls, sluggish no power excessive fuel use #1  

Tomfitzy

Tractor
84 John Deere 410b turbo
Please help. The backhoe will Start right up. It will then stall right out unless I hold down the pedal. But revving it up it is sluggish. Has no power, can't push into a pile. I replaced the fuel filter, the air filter, also the fuel pump, bled the fuel filter and the entrance line to injection pump. What else? Injection pump itself? Glow plugs? Please help

/ Jd 410b stalls, sluggish no power excessive fuel use #2  
Check the fitting(parts key #12) as it contains a ball that can be plugged causing pressure in inj pump to get too high stopping fuel flow. If fitting(parts key #12) is plugged then it's likely the inj pump drive ring in pump is deteriorating. Do you have good fuel flow from fuel tank to inj pump?

Attachments

• TP12780________UN01JAN94.gif
    TP12780________UN01JAN94.gif
    28.8 KB · Views: 2,293
   / Jd 410b stalls, sluggish no power excessive fuel use
Check the fitting(parts key #12) as it contains a ball that can be plugged causing pressure in inj pump to get too high stopping fuel flow. If fitting(parts key #12) is plugged then it's likely the inj pump drive ring in pump is deteriorating. Do you have good fuel flow from fuel tank to inj pump?

I checked the ball valve and it was free and clean. I have great fuel flow to the injection pump. Thank you for helping. Is there also a Reedvalve that could be stuck?

I checked the ball valve and it was free and clean. I have great fuel flow to the injection pump. Thank you for helping. Is there also a Reedvalve that could be stuck?

Also, forgot to mention,when its bogging down, if I curl the backhoe bucket,or the front bucket, I would get more power .

Also, forgot to mention,when its bogging down, if I curl the backhoe bucket,or the front bucket, I would get more power .
I checked the screen to the intake of the injection pump, it was clean. I do have constant voltage to the solenoid in the pump, so my next step is to open the top of the pump to see if the solenoid is staying open. If its bot that, I guess I'll check to see if any if the injectors are faulty. Thoughts?

/ Jd 410b stalls, sluggish no power excessive fuel use #6  
I think fuel injectors are not the problem. FYI this tractor has no glow plugs that you mentioned earlier.

/ Jd 410b stalls, sluggish no power excessive fuel use #7  

If you get more power when activating the hydraulics, could your problem not be fuel related, but too much load on the engine? The hydraulic system could be building up too much pressure and by operating the controls the flow is letting that pressure bleed off.

If you get more power when activating the hydraulics, could your problem not be fuel related, but too much load on the engine? The hydraulic system could be building up too much pressure and by operating the controls the flow is letting that pressure bleed off.

The hydraulics have always been slow and have not changed. So I don't know. I'm working late so can't work on it today. Thank you all.

PHP:
I think fuel injectors are not the problem. FYI this tractor has no glow plugs that you mentioned earlier.

Ok. I researched that but don't know how it gets fired ?

/ Jd 410b stalls, sluggish no power excessive fuel use #10  
Glow plugs are used on some diesel motors as a starting aid only. They don't come into play when running. Diesel fuel combusts from a combination of compression and heat. Glow plugs will provide some initial heat for starting, but once running, it produces it's own. Other models use either to assist with starting which combusts at a lower temperature. Or they may not use a starting aid at all.