Question on moving drive over decks

/ Question on moving drive over decks #1  

DoubleDeere

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 790,John Deere 2025R & Steiner 440
So how do you guys move them around to where you are going to store them after removal? I used to own a 2305 with a 62c deck which was removed buy sliding it out on the casters turned sideways. I am currently looking at a 1025r or 2025r and it looks like when the deck is down for removal you are going to have to do more wrestling with it to move it than what the 62c deck took by just rolling it.

/ Question on moving drive over decks #2  
Not a deere man but this might help, I took a 4" peace of 1 1/4 x 1/4 iron and drilled two holes in it one near each end. One hole fits the pin that mounts the back of the deck to the lift arms, the other fits a 3/8" bolt that I use to bolt the iron to a small chain. One on each side hooks to my hooks on my front end loader making it easy to pick up and slowly carry it in the barn.

/ Question on moving drive over decks
that sounds good, but what about the guy who does not have a loader. John Deere used to have a feature called stow and go on the 2000 series and I just found out they don't have it anymore. That is where you were able to pick up the deck with the I-match hitch and move it to where you wanted it.

/ Question on moving drive over decks #4  
I use pallet forks to move my decks, however, if I only had iMatch one could easily fabricate (or pay someone) a simple set of fork(s) that could attach to the iMatch and then be used to pick up the deck and move it. Would only need to be lifted a few inches to move. Maybe even modify something like this to lift the deck with the 3 pth.

Attachments

• femco_receiver_3point_r.jpg
    femco_receiver_3point_r.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 189
   / Question on moving drive over decks #5  
I don't have a drive over deck, and I'm not sure why that matters but I use Larry's Mower Axles to store my deck vertically:

60 MMM.JPG

The Stow-N-Go thing did not last long, rumor is the lawyers thought it was unsafe so they got rid of it.

/ Question on moving drive over decks
Thanks fellows, all good ideas. I do have a loader for my other tractor but it is not always on and usually when it is not on it is not always easily accessible. Unfortunately I have to many things packed into to small a pole building and looking to make things worse by adding another tractor.
After giving it some thought, I would think that after the deck is off that you could lift up on each corner until each caster spindle locked into a hole and be able to roll it that way just like the 62c except for you would be rolling it width wise instead of length wise. What I mean by that is the spindles were turned 90 degrees on the 62c deck. Well that should have confused everybody.
Thanks again guys for the responses and ideas.

/ Question on moving drive over decks #7  
So how do you guys move them around to where you are going to store them after removal? I used to own a 2305 with a 62c deck which was removed buy sliding it out on the casters turned sideways. I am currently looking at a 1025r or 2025r and it looks like when the deck is down for removal you are going to have to do more wrestling with it to move it than what the 62c deck took by just rolling it.

I was really hoping for a solution but none yet. The pallet forks don't work because the deck is flat on the concrete. Heck, you can't even get a crowbar under it. So what I do is put the loader on and use a chain to lift the corners high enough to lower the wheels so I can push it around. One of these days I will build something to make it easier and post it here, unless someone beats me too it.

/ Question on moving drive over decks #8  
I was really hoping for a solution but none yet. The pallet forks don't work because the deck is flat on the concrete. Heck, you can't even get a crowbar under it. So what I do is put the loader on and use a chain to lift the corners high enough to lower the wheels so I can push it around. One of these days I will build something to make it easier and post it here, unless someone beats me too it.

If the pallet forks don't fit under the deck, use a rope / chain to attach the deck to the forks and then lift and move. Once lifted the wheels can also be lowered so it can be pushed on concrete.

/ Question on moving drive over decks #9  
Because of phisical limitations, I have to put my loader on to move my deck at all. I have a fabric lifting strap that is a continuous loop. With the deck on the ground I can slip the strap under the front gauge wheels. Then the loop goes on my bucket hooks that are welded to the top of my bucket. Works great. The only thing it takes a minute to put the loader on.

For the OP without a loader, I don't know any other solutions than have been listed here already. I am thinking of rigging up something to lift the deck with the 3-point hitch like the stow-and-go was setup. I have Pat's easy change hooks on my 3 point arms. On my 62D deck there is a place where the stow-and-go rig used to be. I guess I could just put a pin in those holes on the deck with a short loop of chain.

Thinking out loud here - I think I just came up with a solution for myself!

/ Question on moving drive over decks #10  
Pulley/rope to beam/rafter/etc.
Pull rope that is attached to the leading edge of the desk Standing on the back edge
Slip a regular or fridge dolly under
Strap to a dolly with ratchet straps
Roll it away