5085 E CAB Break Light Indicator

/ 5085 E CAB Break Light Indicator #1  

bravo2zero

Silver Member
Tractor
I have a brake light indicator on the dash, however when I put the tractor in park via the gear shifter the light does not come on. Is there a real parking brake and this turns on the light to guarantee that you are in park?

Last edited:
   / 5085 E CAB Break Light Indicator
Over 100 views, anyone? Someone has to know this question :)

/ 5085 E CAB Break Light Indicator #3  
Another good reason among many other reasons for tractor/equipment operators to read the operators manual.

/ 5085 E CAB Break Light Indicator #4  
Your transmission has a parking pawl. No parking brake. It's possible an export version required a parking brake and the reason for the light.
Good question for your dealer.

@ TX JIM ---- I have the manual but guess what? It has no mention of a parking brake indicator or light indicator. Another reason that if you don't have anything positive to write please do not comment on the thread. Remember after all, if you take away all the questions, you take away the forum and it is dead!

Thanks to everyone else that posted. I spoke to my dealer and they had no idea and could not answer the question.

Another good reason among many other reasons for tractor/equipment operators to read the operators manual.

/ 5085 E CAB Break Light Indicator #6  
bravo2zero
Contrary to what you believe I think advising the owner/operator of a newly purchased piece of farm equipment to thoroughly read the owners manual is a "positive contribution" to this forum even if reading the OM doesn't answer the question. Equipment manufacturers furnish operators manuals with the sale of equipment for a very good reason!!!!! Further more I've noticed people would rather ask a question without any research of their own as it's A LOT easier. If you chose to not like or agree with my reply that involves years of EXPERIENCE operating,repairing & selling farm equipment then just ignore my replies.
Have a nice day,Jim

/ 5085 E CAB Break Light Indicator #7  
The 5085E made for sale in Europe has a parking brake and the brake light is functional on them.

jd110 Thank you. If that is so you would think it would be the same here in the states. But thus far no light comes on. It doesn't sit down in the device behind the shifter either. Which is more of a hassle than anything else and scratches up the shifter too. Thanks!

TX JIM --- You are confrontational. I advised you that I have a manual. I explained that it states that it has a light indicator and well it doesn't work.

I would like you to also note that I have been reading the manual!

And besides what is wrong with someone asking a question without doing research? My goodness, you've got to be kidding right? You take out all the questions and this forum goes under and loses it's advertisers = loss of revenue = loss of members.

Do yourself a favor and do NOT post to a thread of mine again. You act as if the manual answers all, when in factual it lacks detailed informative information that is needed. You think that JD would be even more detailed when you are spending $60,000 plus on equipment. But then again TX JIM from the way it sounds that's chump change to you!

bravo2zero
Contrary to what you believe I think advising the owner/operator of a newly purchased piece of farm equipment to thoroughly read the owners manual is a "positive contribution" to this forum even if reading the OM doesn't answer the question. Equipment manufacturers furnish operators manuals with the sale of equipment for a very good reason!!!!! Further more I've noticed people would rather ask a question without any research of their own as it's A LOT easier. If you chose to not like or agree with my reply that involves years of EXPERIENCE operating,repairing & selling farm equipment then just ignore my replies.
Have a nice day,Jim

/ 5085 E CAB Break Light Indicator #10  
The device that scratches you shifter keeps you from jerking it side ways. Its a tractor, its gonna get scratches if you use it