John Deere 4120 & 48 Backhoe

/ John Deere 4120 & 48 Backhoe #1  

chevy

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510SE HST, John Deere X739
When I bought my 4120 early this year, I wanted to be able use my son in law's 48 backhoe on it. My dealer was not sure it would work, but I kept pushing him.
He found the proper mounting brackets. They installed the brackets & power beyond before delivery.

I am getting close to doing a lot of digging here at home, so I decided I needed to get the backhoe here so I could make sure it worked.
This afternoon my son in law set the backhoe on my trailer & I brought it home. The only issue I had was the 3 point lift arms would not lift up the backhoe high enough to get the pins in.
I drove it up to the barn floor & used a floor jack to raise the backhoe up. It seems to work fine.

/ John Deere 4120 & 48 Backhoe #2  
I have heard that you sometimes have to adjust the 3 point lift limit up a little to get it to go high enough to mount the hoe. Also make sure that your hydraulic relief is set up to the 2500 psi spec. Maybe just a shade higher.

/ John Deere 4120 & 48 Backhoe
Thank you Arlen.
Where do I adjust the 3 point up limit?

/ John Deere 4120 & 48 Backhoe #4  
Here is the page from the tech manual. I have not had to do it, but it looks very easy.

Attachments

• Rockshaft adjustment.pdf
    74.1 KB · Views: 228
   / John Deere 4120 & 48 Backhoe #5  
The only issue I had was the 3 point lift arms would not lift up the backhoe high enough to get the pins in.
I drove it up to the barn floor & used a floor jack to raise the backhoe up. It seems to work fine./QUOTE]

Same with my original 3320 / 447BH. Just hook up the PB lines and use the stabilizer feet to raise the BH.

Thank you Arlin. I will check that the next time I take the backhoe off.

I need to get a tech manual.

The only issue I had was the 3 point lift arms would not lift up the backhoe high enough to get the pins in.
I drove it up to the barn floor & used a floor jack to raise the backhoe up. It seems to work fine./QUOTE]

Same with my original 3320 / 447BH. Just hook up the PB lines and use the stabilizer feet to raise the BH.

I cannot use the stabilizers when the backhoe is parked in the barn, because we set it on a cart.

/ John Deere 4120 & 48 Backhoe #8  
I had same issue of 3point lifting 375 backhoe just short of being able to get pins in place. Bought 2 short sleeves that slip over my 3point pins and give just enough extra lift. Think the sleeves are for converting to the next higher 3point class. I have 3520 cab tractor. Pretty sure you can't use stabilizer until hydraulics hooked to tractor - have to be very close to in place to do that.

/ John Deere 4120 & 48 Backhoe #9  
I had same issue of 3point lifting 375 backhoe just short of being able to get pins in place. Bought 2 short sleeves that slip over my 3point pins and give just enough extra lift. Think the sleeves are for converting to the next higher 3point class. I have 3520 cab tractor. Pretty sure you can't use stabilizer until hydraulics hooked to tractor - have to be very close to in place to do that.

Good idea with the sleeves. In the absence of sleeves and failing adjusting the Rockshaft to lift far enough, simply lift the BH as far as it will go with the Rockshaft - hook up the Power Beyond and use the arms and / or bucket for that last little adjustment needed to get the pins inserted.

/ John Deere 4120 & 48 Backhoe #10  
When I bought my 4120 early this year, I wanted to be able use my son in law's 48 backhoe on it. My dealer was not sure it would work, but I kept pushing him.
He found the proper mounting brackets. They installed the brackets & power beyond before delivery.

If you can post the part numbers for the brackets it would surely help someone in the future:thumbsup:

That's a great looking setup BTW!