2210 Hydraulic Top Link Solution

/ 2210 Hydraulic Top Link Solution #1  

CHUCKG

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD-2210
Recently, I spent about three hours using my JD2210 with 4' box blade on a gravel driveway. The driveway came out beautiful. However, it seemed like I spent more time adjusting the top link by hand then actually using the box blade. Contacted my JD dealer and told them I wanted a hydraulic top link, and that I wanted it set up so that I could use my front end loader and box blade together.

Here is what they suggested as the solution to my dilemma: Install a new hydraulic top link to replace the existing hand adjustable one, install a hydraulic diverter valve, and replace my front end loader controller lever with a joystick lever that would allow me to switch between the loader and hydraulic top link by simply pushing and/or releasing a button on the joystick. Looking at a total installed cost of $700 - $800.

I am using the JD I-match for my plug/core aerator, box blade and trailer hitch. I hook up my Herd spreader directly to my 3pt hitch. I find that no matter what attachment I am using, some adjustment has to be made to the top link. When it comes to hydraulics, I’m stupid. So I’m seeking anyone’s advice or suggestions here as to whether I’m doing the right thing.

Chuck

/ 2210 Hydraulic Top Link Solution #2  
That seams like a lot of $$ when its more than the difference between the 2210 and a 4010. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif But I agree with you completely. The 2210 is a real PITA in that respect.

/ 2210 Hydraulic Top Link Solution #3  
<font color="green">What about using an electric top link? Anyone know what is available in this regard and at what cost?

Mike </font>

/ 2210 Hydraulic Top Link Solution #4  
I have a hydraulic top link on my tractor and would not have run a box blade without it. I was renting compact John Deere tractors without the hydraulics and it was a real pain getting the surface I wanted. I was also unable to angle the blade lower on one side since they did not have a tilt cylinder either. So when it came time to buy my own tractor I made sure that first, it had at least one remote, second, that I could get top and tilt. Much like you have described about implements needing different lengths I too have found that out to be true. I find when hooking up it can be much easier to line up as well. If you have found a way to get that option on your tractor then I say “go for it” but go all the way and get the tilt function as well.

George